Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bills, Fins, Bucs

Go down 
+2
BarackObama4Prez
SoxNats08
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:28 am

Come on guys, we need GMs for these teams!
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:08 am

We can do the Sim without them, lets not keep procrastinating it. Plz Sox just sim week 1!!!!
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:08 am

i will this weekend, calm down...
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 am

SoxNats08 wrote:

you keep saying that but every weekend something happens and we have to wait again.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:11 am

well this weekend is a long weekend, so everything should get done
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:12 am

fins got a GM , not sure how active he is, but i did send EF90 sliders for the fins before i left over there according to what i thought would be best with their personnel.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:16 am

SoxNats08 wrote:

24 hour warning prior to the simulation (aka what we agreed to before we sim week 1; also, position changes should be updated)......

I'm going to send in my sliders and depth chart when I wake up.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:11 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

24 hour warning prior to the simulation (aka what we agreed to before we sim week 1; also, position changes should be updated)......

uhh we never agreed on that but ok.

sim will be today most likely, if that makes you happier
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:11 am

and all trades that have been approved will be proccesses right?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:42 am

yea unless there is a new problem

nerd is coming over today to help me with the sim
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:58 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

uhh we never agreed on that but ok.

sim will be today most likely, if that makes you happier

In a sense, although I do remember asking you via AIM to give us time before you do it, and you said you would post a warning / head's up.....

I gotta go somewhere now, but I'll be back in 1-2 hours, then I'll send in my stuff.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:05 pm

never mind, sim isnt today
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:53 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:

uh, ok lol

I'll still try to send in my d/c today, and when I get word of Wayne, I'll send in my sliders.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:24 pm

I'm having a sleepover at Sox's house so we are actually going to do the sim tonight.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 3:34 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
I'm having a sleepover at Sox's house so we are actually going to do the sim tonight.

Shouldn't people get word on their "cloned players"?
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:13 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
lol....what are you guys, 14? Winklol!
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

uh, ok lol

I'll still try to send in my d/c today, and when I get word of Wayne, I'll send in my sliders.

Can you send them in ASAP so I can get them to Sox to input them before the sim?, also, I think we maybe should sim late Sunday or Monday, seeing as, pending the problem trades, I have no idea what my team looks like:bball:
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:06 pm

they are 14, or maybe 13. right sox and nerd
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:49 am

DUDE...WTF ? I thought you weren't simming till Late sunday or monday?
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:06 am

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

uh, ok lol

Can you send them in ASAP so I can get them to Sox to input them before the sim?, also, I think we maybe should sim late Sunday or Monday, seeing as, pending the problem trades, I have no idea what my team looks like:bball:

This is the last post most people saw, most GM's, thinking that Sox & Barack, who isn't even an administrator, but seems to love to act like one, might actually pay some attention to, would take into consideration. Since EF90 is an administrator. So I'm pretty certain most Gm's figured the sim would NOT take place at 12:53am while no one was on, and while, when asked about it sox conveniently just logged off so he wouldn't have to answer questions.

Sox i've been very supportive of you, but this is b.s. Dude, the trades should've been processed up to date, position changes done (and posted that they WERE done) you can't half-ass the simming.

You can sit here and say "hey i'm simming i'll do it how i want" but if you're going to half-ass everything and not take the advice or at least consider the opinions of your fellow Admin's...there's not much point in doing ANYTHING at ALL.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:42 am

At 11:05 AM on Saturday
SoxNats08 wrote:

At 1:34 PM on Saturday
BarackObama4Prez wrote:

At 5:25 PM on Saturday
eaglesfan90 wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

uh, ok lol

As we can see, there was conflitcting information going back and forth between Sox and Nerd, and the final post in this regard was made by Nerd at 1:34 PM. EF90, an ADMIN on this site, specifically requested that the date be pushed back to late Sunday or Monday.

Guess what. Neither Sox nor Barack replied in this regard since that post at 1:34 PM.

And also guess what?

You'd figure, after that Pre-season fuckup, that we would make a huge announcement and such as to when the season would be simmed (and Sox, I vividly remember requesting at least 24 hour notice prior).

Guess what people. Sox did post it, and guess where it was?

Under a thread titled: "Bills, Fins, Bucs"

Because of course we'll all assume that vital information pertaining to the simulation was made in a thread regarding 3 GMless teams... Rolling Eyes

Now, granted, I did post my Depth Chart prior to the "simulation" (my post was at 5:10 PM) and I sent my sliders to both Sox and EF90. Now, I got a response from Sox pertaining to Wayne and if he was going to be cloned or not, and then I responded with which sliders I desired.

I personally managed to avoid a situation that some GMs, such as EF90, were in, where they were unsure of their depth chart and as a result unsure of their sliders

I also noticed that Sox autosigned the necessary player to fill depth charts and sim week 1, and he also processed all FA signings. He also approved or denied the problem trades. I find this a good part that he did.

My question is this: First off, Captains. Some might say "that's nothing", but actually, Madden awards a slight awareness bonus to Captains. Inputting Captains would take 1 hour at most, and we've had those listed for how long? 1-2 weeks? Surely one hour could have been used to post them?

Secondly, none of the posted "depth charts" had anything that suggested Sox confirmed them or saw a problem with them (i.e. someone doesn't have such and such player, someone can't switch to this and that position, etc.)

Third, Sox did NOT post ANYTHING in regards to position change, except for this one thing:

At 11:33 PM on Saturday:
SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
Travelle Wharton LT to RT
Anthony Weaver LE to RE
ROLB #15 ROLB to LOLB
Will Bartee SS to FS

If the rating changes (i think only bartee's will), can u post it? also post if there is no change

thanks

Wharton - approved
Weaver - approved
15 - approved
Bartee - approved

1 Fucking team got their position changes approved or denied. No one else had their recent position changes confirmed, denied, or acknowledged, period.

For example, check out the Cowboys:

*Last post in their position changes*
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am

cav_fan2 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:
Tommy Kelly 82 DE to DT
Bobby Carpenter 80 ILB to ROLB
David Harris 77 ILB to ROLB
Jonathan Hefney 78 FS to SS
Lamont Thompson 78 FS to SS

If possible, would you check and see what Hefney and Rashad Baker's ratings look like at CB...I appreciate it a ton Sox

kelly - approved, 81 DT
carpenter - processed, 87 ROLB
harris - approved, 83 ROLB
hefney - approved, 75 SS
thompson - approved, 74 SS

Can you try this for me Sox?

Carpenter 80 MLB to LOLB
Brandon Chillar 82 LOLB to MLB
Chris Canty 78 RE to LE

Thanks a ton man!

Any word on this one Sox? Just wondering if I could get an answer before week 1...Thanks man

No acknowledgment, no nothing. The only fucking team to have their position changes confirmed or denied was the Panthers. What about all the other teams? Are they not important?

I am personally shocked that we've essentially repeated the same god-damn steps that brought about a great wave of anger and shock from the pre-season. Rather then publicly and noticeably post the time the simulation would occur, we have conflicting posts in a thread NOT pertaining at ALL to simulation, then have an ADMIN make a request, yet have no response. In addition, Sox was unavailable on AIM for most of the day, which means we, the GMs, could NOT contact him and engage in active conversation.

Also, the lack of response in terms of depth chart and player position changes (except one team) is simply astounding. When I inquired over AIM about this, this is how the conversation went:

Ruskie989 (12:47:17 AM): Question
Ruskie989 (12:47:28 AM): did you use the depth charts and position changes we posted?
randomdude228 (12:49:21 AM): yea
randomdude228 signed off at 12:49:33 AM.
randomdude228 is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.
randomdude228 went away at 12:49:44 AM.

Ruskie989 (12:49:54 AM):oh
Ruskie989 (12:50:06 AM): cuz you didn't post processed position changes
randomdude228 signed off at 12:50:06 AM.
randomdude228 is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

Great to know that the communication is flowing between the GMs and the Head Admin (this of course, can be traced back to "Bills, Fins, Bucs")

Granted, one might accuse that I am doing this because I lost, but honestly, I want to know: Did I lose the first week game because I got beat, or because I potentially had a 70 LE instead of 80 LE and 71 MLB instead of 89ish MLB starting (going back to position changes). Because there is a huge god damn difference between those two ratings and players.

Now, I sent my sliders in, and Sox, while he responded to Wayne didn't directly respond to the sliders, but I reconfirmed which ones I wanted and I think he got them. However, what about all those other GMs who didn't have time to send in sliders and depth charts? Hell, EF90, an ADMIN, was waiting for confirmation about trades before he would know for sure about his depth chart and sliders. Many other GMs were probably even less aware.

I think that it is also very unfair that Sox only posted player position changes for only one team; we don't know about the rest, and we don't know if our depth charts were valid and correlated to that which was on Sox's PS2. After all, even EF90 said that pending the problem trades, he doesn't even know what his depth chart looks like! It would be great information to know prior to a sim, wouldn't it!

Basically, GMs for the most part were unaware of the simulation, most GMs didn't have time to send in sliders, and the fact that depth charts were not confirmed, as well as no acknowledgment of player position changes (which would have GREATLY influenced the game) make this another screwup for the league.

You would have thought after the Pre-season fuckup, that steps would be taken to prevent a similar occurance (aka proper warning ahead of time, everything (depth charts and position changes) confirmed, acknowledgment of sliders, communication between GMs and Admins, and even Admins and Admins).

Apparently, I was mistaken. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:03 am

Also, as Ruskie pointed out... look at the name of this thread... HOW is this a relevant place for a "warning to sim week 1"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bills, Fins, Bucs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bills, Fins, Bucs   Bills, Fins, Bucs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bills, Fins, Bucs
Page 1 of 1