Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the Record

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RpAaVtEs

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:22 am

Mojo's strength is 76 compared to Reggies 62 and Willie Parker's 68 and 2 behind Deuce's 78.
Mojo can pound the ball if need be...he isn't a "pounder" like Corey Dillon but he also isn't a Reggie Bush or Barry Sanders who Dances around and loses yards to set up for the big one.
Hes like a LT, Clinton Portis, Laurence Maroney, Iddai...etc. If his team needs him to pound it late in the 4th he can....and hes rather good at it.

Last edited by on Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 12:27 am

lol, isnt this more like NFL discussion?
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
RpAaVtEs

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 1:21 am

lol idk it was their madden rated strengths involved.... albino
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2007-07-12

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:28 pm

RpAaVtEsNS wrote:
Mojo's strength is 76 compared to Reggies 62 and Willie Parker's 68 and 2 behind Deuce's 78.
Mojo can pound the ball if need be...he isn't a "pounder" like Corey Dillon but he also isn't a Reggie Bush or Barry Sanders who Dances around and loses yards to set up for the big one.
Hes like a LT, Clinton Portis, Laurence Maroney, Iddai...etc. If his team needs him to pound it late in the 4th he can....and hes rather good at it.

He isnt a pounding player dude, 76 strength isnt that great and he's way too small to pound it, parkers basically pure speed and is only 8 behind mojo. This proves nothing, and they obviously just gave deuce a bad rating, (hes probably the essence of combination speed/power HB). If mojo is still lower than deuce that just goes to show he isnt as good of a hybrid runner. And we didnt say he was a Reggie Bush, you said that (about 10 times), we said he isnt that great of a pounder like you were making him out to be and he certainly isnt a combination of the two, he's definately primarilly a speedy back
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 6:56 pm

no, he is a combination of the two, hes a very physical back...you guys just look at how he is 5 7 and think hes too small. Like I said he isnt a pounder but he is a combination of the two just like 75% of the RBs in this league...and Mojo's strength rating is actually higher than many including LT and others
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

Number of posts : 1840

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:02 pm

Because LT and others arent big backs. Mojo isnt a pounder hes a quick elusive back who makes people miss not run right through people.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:03 pm

hes NOT a physical back and you said he can pound it in the first post. I think your definition of pounding the ball is different than mine, because pounding is having the ability to level a defender. Not to ability to blow through tackles with speed, he has strong legs so. A pounder is a guy who can SHAKE OFF tackles, not blow by them, there is a difference between the two. JD is utilizing his speed because when he does get wrapped up he's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr9GQA10nM8

This video shows how he just uses speed, you can see him blowing by hands not shaking them off, theres one clip where he runs a guy over but he runs over a DB, hell willie parker can do that.
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:06 pm

mksadng wrote:
Because LT and others arent big backs. Mojo isnt a pounder hes a quick elusive back who makes people miss not run right through people.
Ok but LT can pound it when he needs to, just like MOJO can...neither of them are "pounders" but they can if needed.
I think you guys are missing my point, Mojo can pound it late in a game if his team needs him too, just like LT and many others can. Someone like Reggie Bush can't. Do you guys disagree with that?
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:08 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
hes NOT a physical back and you said he can pound it in the first post. I think your definition of pounding the ball is different than mine, because pounding is having the ability to level a defender. Not to ability to blow through tackles with speed, he has strong legs so. A pounder is a guy who can SHAKE OFF tackles, not blow by them, there is a difference between the two. JD is utilizing his speed because when he does get wrapped up he's done.

This video shows how he just uses speed, you can see him blowing by hands not shaking them off, theres one clip where he runs a guy over but he runs over a DB, hell willie parker can do that.
well it started off by you saying he gets stuffed for 1,2,-1 and then busts out for 60 which isnt true.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 pm

@ mksadng: can you please get a smaller avatar?
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:14 pm

RpAaVtEsNS wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ok but LT can pound it when he needs to, just like MOJO can...neither of them are "pounders" but they can if needed.
I think you guys are missing my point, Mojo can pound it late in a game if his team needs him too, just like LT and many others can. Someone like Reggie Bush can't. Do you guys disagree with that?

just because you can push a line forward for a yard doesnt all of a sudden make you a physical back dude, virtually all HB's can do that (except for reggie and maybe parker), but just because you can push a line forward for one yard to get into the endzone, doesnt make you even close to a balance hb. Ill call him a big HB when he grows another 4 inches, puts some muscle on his upper body and proves to me that he can face up against a LB head to head
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 7:15 pm

RpAaVtEsNS wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

well it started off by you saying he gets stuffed for 1,2,-1 and then busts out for 60 which isnt true.

no, I said Willie Parker does that, I said Jones Drew is more like 2-4-30, you must not have read the entire thing I said then
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

Number of posts : 1840

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:38 pm

Watch Larry Johnson and youll see a pounder he runs thorugh LBs like their CBs
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:41 pm

yup, Mojo isnt LJ never said he was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

For the Record Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Record   For the Record Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the Record
Page 1 of 1