Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Empty
PostSubject: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:32 am

Baltimore Ravens receive:

LT-Marcus McNeil 95 Age 25
LE-Quentin Groves??? Age ??
LOLB-Thomas Davis 84 Age 25
2008 4th round pick Falcons
2009 2nd round pick Falcons

Atlanta Falcons receive:

SS Troy Polamalu- 98 Age 27
2009 First round pick Ravens
LOLB Steve Foley- 81 Age 33
2009 2nd round pick Texans
2009 5th Round pick Ravens

I agree. Getting a huge upgrade at Oline, filling a huge hole at DE, and getting younger and faster at OLB, along with a 2nd and 4th round picks. I give up the best SS in the game, a 1st round pick to replace Groves (who was a first), Foley to replace Davis, and 2nd and 5th round picks. The Falcons believe that the Texans will do worse than themselves, so he feels that it will be a jump in that round.

Last edited by on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:07 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:37 am

who wouldnt agree???

i agree Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 1:41 am

Finished working out the deal. Vote now please.
Back to top Go down
wildcats
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
wildcats

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:07 pm

Rejected 0-3
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/error0073
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Quote :

This is a very interesting and complex deal, but I see it like this
Polamalu+'09 1st+ '09 5th=McNeil and Groves
Foley+'09 2nd<Davis+4th+2nd

I really don't know if I can say yes to this, Davis, Groves, and McNeil are extremely talented and young, I really think the Falcons are not getting enough, Davis is very young, and is worth much more than Foley, a 4th, and a supposed "jump" up in the 2nd round. I am a no

Quote :
Marcus McNeil = or < Troy

Groves is >or=09 first (greater because it is a year away, but it may be equal because the 09 class has more 84+ rookies)

Thomas Davis > Foley and 09 second

08 4th and 09 2nd> 09 5th

I have to vote no. The Ravens are getting to much for me to vote yes.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:43 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Quote :

This is a very interesting and complex deal, but I see it like this
Polamalu+'09 1st+ '09 5th=McNeil and Groves
Foley+'09 2nd<Davis+4th+2nd

I really don't know if I can say yes to this, Davis, Groves, and McNeil are extremely talented and young, I really think the Falcons are not getting enough, Davis is very young, and is worth much more than Foley, a 4th, and a supposed "jump" up in the 2nd round. I am a no

Quote :
Marcus McNeil = or < Troy

Groves is >or=09 first (greater because it is a year away, but it may be equal because the 09 class has more 84+ rookies)

I have to vote no. The Ravens are getting to much for me to vote yes.

Interesting take. Apparently you guys value Olinemen a lot more than I thought. The way I saw it, Troy + 5th is slightly > McNeil + 4th. Groves is = to 09 first, due to 2 reasons: One, its been shown that players coming out in 09 tend to be higher rated than those in 08, and two, we don't even know Groves' rating yet. Originally, I wanted Davis for Foley + 3rd, but I felt that since Troy is such a great player already, and S has a bigger influence on the game than one olineman, he would add a 2nd, and he felt that the Texans wouldn't do as good as he would, so he saw that as moving up.

How ever, would you guys accept the trade as this:

Baltimore Ravens receive:

LT-Marcus McNeil 95 Age 25
LE-Quentin Groves??? Age ??
LOLB-Thomas Davis 84 Age 25
2008 4th round pick Falcons
2009 4th round pick Falcons

Atlanta Falcons receive:

SS Troy Polamalu- 98 Age 27
2009 First round pick Ravens
LOLB Steve Foley- 81 Age 33
2009 3rd round pick Texans
2009 5th Round pick Ravens

On here, I drop my 2nd to a 3rd, and his 2nd to a 4th. That way, McNeil + 2 4ths slightly < Troy + 5th, Groves is about = 1st, Davis slightly > Foley + 3rd, so it evens out. I just think that a S can make a much bigger difference than one LT.

At any rate, I was shocked at this statement:

"Polamalu+'09 1st+ '09 5th=McNeil and Groves"

How is a 98 S, 84ish player, 74ish = 95, 84ish? Especially given that Groves himself was just a 1st rounder, not even listed as the highest DE, and that 09 players that come out are usually better OVR? Plus a S has a bigger impact than a LT, and Troy is 3 OVR higher at that.
Back to top Go down
wildcats
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
wildcats

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 5:57 pm

For me the problems in the trade were with this part of it:

I felt that why Troy maybe slightly greater than McNeil, that difference does not make up the difference between the remaining parts.

Oline is defiantly an area, where it is hard to put a proper value on, but If there was an area of Oline that I would give close to full value for is LT.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/error0073
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:13 pm

wildcats wrote:
For me the problems in the trade were with this part of it:

I felt that why Troy maybe slightly greater than McNeil, that difference does not make up the difference between the remaining parts.

Oline is defiantly an area, where it is hard to put a proper value on, but If there was an area of Oline that I would give close to full value for is LT.

I would see, based on your breakdown, how that last part is unfair, but Davis = 2nd and Foley, imo. Foley is just 3 points lower, and a short term solution. I just felt that yes, Davis is the higher side, but with Troy being higher than McNeil, both in position and OVR, that this part would equal that part out. As for the last part, I agree on your assessment. I just felt that I may have been giving up too much. No rush on this deal, I'm pretty sure no 08 3rds are going to be involved. We'll rework it today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED   Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ravens Falcons new and REJECTED
Page 1 of 1