Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Something has me a bit curious...

Go down 
+8
BrettFavreIsYourFather
mksadng
max1
DC
eaglesfan90
DreamTeam
Ruskie89
Wes
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Something has me a bit curious... Empty
PostSubject: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:11 pm

I've talked to many people and i've come to a curious conclusion..

At the time of our previous Super Bowl... to my understanding, we had a bit dfferent administrators..

I've really been looking at and doing some research on rosters..

I find it.."coincidental" that two Administrative teams made the superbowl, at the time, 4 Adminstrative teams made the Conference Championships, and at the time, all 5 or 6(not sure if one other team was an admin or not) administrative teams (one of which if your really look at their roster is ....atrociously bad) made the playoffs.

I just find this interesting, i'm not making any accusations..but it is definitely something to get the mind wandering..

scratch
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:13 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:
I've talked to many people and i've come to a curious conclusion..

At the time of our previous Super Bowl... to my understanding, we had a bit dfferent administrators..

I've really been looking at and doing some research on rosters..

I find it.."coincidental" that two Administrative teams made the superbowl, at the time, 4 Adminstrative teams made the Conference Championships, and at the time, all 5 or 6(not sure if one other team was an admin or not) administrative teams (one of which if your really look at their roster is ....atrociously bad) made the playoffs.

I just find this interesting, i'm not making any accusations..but it is definitely something to get the mind wandering..

scratch

CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!!!!!

X-Files!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DreamTeam
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
DreamTeam

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:15 pm

i dont think sox would do something like that
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:16 pm

DreamTeam wrote:
i dont think sox would do something like that

As I said, i'm not making any accusations, Sox seems like a pretty good guy, i'm not trying to start something, I just thought it was interested. Wink

So don't anyone go blowing my post out of proportion.
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Usually Admins have an advantage as there are on the most and can jump on trades and such quicker than others, also, usually the most knowledgeable football fans are Admins, though there are a lot of guys that have a shit load of knowledge that are not Admins, that is just how it usually works out.
Back to top Go down
DC
Team Captain
Team Captain
DC

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:28 am

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Usually Admins have an advantage as there are on the most and can jump on trades and such quicker than others, also, usually the most knowledgeable football fans are Admins, though there are a lot of guys that have a shit load of knowledge that are not Admins, that is just how it usually works out.

Just because your admin doesn't mean your Football knowledge is great
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:33 am

eaglesfan90 wrote:

Yea um..i definitely take exception to this..I mean I understand what you're saying, and not to sound arrogant, so I will apologize ahead of time, but, from dealing with GM's and such in general on this league. I'm 100% confident in my stating that i have a considerable amount more knowledge in terms of footbally than more than 75% of them.
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1934
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:44 am

i was admin back then,,, then i was kicked out because i didnt help much. Anyways i think they were up there because we spent the most time on our team. A good GM/ coach will always beat a undedicated one. And idk how that team got to the playoffs either...... cough" raiders" cough
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:46 am

DC wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

eaglesfan90 wrote:
usually the most knowledgeable football fans are Admins, .

I ask that you read my post and throughly comprehend it before criticizing me, thanks
Back to top Go down
DC
Team Captain
Team Captain
DC

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:48 am

eaglesfan90 wrote:
DC wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

eaglesfan90 wrote:

I ask that you read my post and throughly comprehend it before criticizing me, thanks

I can comprehend greatly, I was just saying. For peet sake people lose the anal plug its Xmas
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:49 am

DC wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:
DC wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

eaglesfan90 wrote:

I can comprehend greatly, I was just saying. For peet sake people lose the anal plug its Xmas

Never did, I just don't like my comments being misconstrued Wink
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:50 am

max1 wrote:
i was admin back then,,, then i was kicked out because i didnt help much. Anyways i think they were up there because we spent the most time on our team. A good GM/ coach will always beat a undedicated one. And idk how that team got to the playoffs either...... cough" raiders" cough

I wasn't actually talking about the Raiders.

eaglesfan90 wrote:
DC wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:

eaglesfan90 wrote:

I read it, and I comprehended it just fine. I wasn't criticizing you, I was stating my own opinion based on the statement you did make.

I understand that what you're trying to say is that usually people are made Administrators Because they are the most knowledge of the sport in which is involved.

I was simply stating my disagreeance in that, in concern to this league.
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

Number of posts : 1840

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:22 am

Well the Redskins were easily the best team in the NFC...and my team was easily a top 3 team in the AFC so its not a big shocker that both our teams made it to the superbowl
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1934
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:46 am

mksadng wrote:
Well the Redskins were easily the best team in the NFC...and my team was easily a top 3 team in the AFC so its not a big shocker that both our teams made it to the superbowl

umm the seahawks suck then i guess?
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 2:46 pm

max1 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

umm the seahawks suck then i guess?
never said that, but the Redskins were a better team last year.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:08 pm

mksadng wrote:

But can you explain how a 13-3 team with as much defensive talent as it had loss to the Raiders? All they had was LT, and as good as he is, it would still be difficult to beat the Ravens. But, I wasn't around back then, so I don't know all the details.
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 3:12 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

But can you explain how a 13-3 team with as much defensive talent as it had loss to the Raiders? All they had was LT, and as good as he is, it would still be difficult to beat the Ravens. But, I wasn't around back then, so I don't know all the details.
Seriously, why would the Raiders want to win that game? They dont have the most talented team so it wouldve made a lot more scence for them to not win that game and get a higher draft pick... How would it benefit Sox at all to have the Raiders win? And Sliders were huge in the playoffs, teams who sent in sliders during the playoffs won games... I dunno maybe the old Ravens GM didnt send in sliders.
Back to top Go down
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 4:24 pm

mksadng wrote:
the Redskins were a better team last year.

now there second, next to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 4:39 pm

mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Seriously, why would the Raiders want to win that game? They dont have the most talented team so it wouldve made a lot more scence for them to not win that game and get a higher draft pick... How would it benefit Sox at all to have the Raiders win? And Sliders were huge in the playoffs, teams who sent in sliders during the playoffs won games... I dunno maybe the old Ravens GM didnt send in sliders.

Again, a 13-3 team in the AFC is pretty good. And the old Ravens D was unbelievable. And again I am stating that I have no idea how that game played out, with sliders / injuries / score, etc. Just stating something.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:18 pm

FYI Ruskie the old GM never sent sliders in. And Maroney was injured in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:43 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
FYI Ruskie the old GM never sent sliders in. And Maroney was injured in the playoffs.

Ah, now all the pieces come out. That would explain a lot (Sliders and injures can kill a good team, especially if you don't use sliders to adjust to an injury).
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:25 pm

I would like to make it clear that this was not an attempt to start some big issue or question anyone's integrity. I was just stating how I find it weird..that a team like the Texans who..other than about 3 players..are not really that great (or even that good) in any area on their roster, the Raiders make it to the AFC championship with a very mediocre roster other than about 3-4 players and all these teams just happened to be administrative teams. Do i think that most of the time, it is intended that the more knowledgable people are made to be administrators, sure, do I think this is more that a coincidence that all the admin's teams made the playoffs? no not at all.

This topic got the kind of reaction I figured it would, so Sox and the rest of the admin's should know, this is NOT (on my part and speaking for my own intent) a post questioning anyone's integrity.
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:30 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:
I would like to make it clear that this was not an attempt to start some big issue or question anyone's integrity. I was just stating how I find it weird..that a team like the Texans who..other than about 3 players..are not really that great (or even that good) in any area on their roster, the Raiders make it to the AFC championship with a very mediocre roster other than about 3-4 players and all these teams just happened to be administrative teams. Do i think that most of the time, it is intended that the more knowledgable people are made to be administrators, sure, do I think this is more that a coincidence that all the admin's teams made the playoffs? no not at all.

This topic got the kind of reaction I figured it would, so Sox and the rest of the admin's should know, this is NOT (on my part and speaking for my own intent) a post questioning anyone's integrity.
Just to let you know, the Texans were not an admin during the playoffs or before it, neither was I(I dont think). The only admins during the playoffs were Lebron, Sox and im pretty sure BrianNeal24 who isnt with the site anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:39 pm

mksadng wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:

Just to let you know, the Texans were not an admin during the playoffs or before it, neither was I(I dont think). The only admins during the playoffs were Lebron, Sox and im pretty sure BrianNeal24 who isnt with the site anymore.

Fair enough, then that info, that i was basing things on obviously isn't 100% accurate either obvioiusly.

But again, this in no way was a post made in disrespect. But it was a post I was a little curious about, curious enough to make and got it out there, for people to defend theirselves, (not that you need to) and I think the Admin's have done a fine job of assessing it.

I appreciate it. And again, it's definitely not something that needs to be made into something it's really not.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:23 pm

i am soo cool Cool
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something has me a bit curious...   Something has me a bit curious... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something has me a bit curious...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions :: League Discussion-
Jump to: