Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...

Go down 
+3
SimsZilla
mksadng
A.J. Hawk Fan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-01

A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Empty
PostSubject: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:10 pm

In a trade I did with the Ravens, I thought Isaac Bruce was an 87, but it turns out he is a 83 now.... No one ever told me this, I'm not blaming anyone, but I'm pretty upset.... Soxnats told me this, this morning that he was an 83...

This was the deal....

Ravens get:
LE Quentin Groves ?? / ?? (rated 84)
WR Malcom Floyd 77 / 27

Atlanta Falcons get:

WR Isaac "The Ageless" Bruce- 87 / 35
OLB Steve Foley- 81 / 33
2009 2nd round pick Texans

But, its basically groves and floyd for a one year rental and a 2 year rental... Should this trade still stand or what should happen...

Please let me know...
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

Number of posts : 1840
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:12 pm

Well I think it should be denied since Isaac Bruce was 4 overall worse than you expected him to be.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:14 pm

mksadng wrote:
Well I think it should be denied since Isaac Bruce was 4 overall worse than you expected him to be.
yea thats not fair to you
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 pm

https://madden08league.forummotion.com/2007-stats-f68/baltimore-ravens-final-stats-t1417.htm

Quote :
Isaac Bruce - 656 yds - 6 TD

This shows that Bruce was on the Ravens last year.

SoxNats07 wrote:
I have a feeling this is going to be a long one.

Chris McAlister +1 OVR
Troy Polamalu +1 OVR
Ray Lewis +1 OVR
Kevin Williams +1 OVR
Derrick Burgess +1 OVR
Trevor Pryce +1 OVR
Kelly Gregg +1 OVR
Laurence Maroney +1 OVR
Justin Green +2 OVR
Keydrick Vincent +2 OVR
Sam Koch +2 OVR

not that long surprisingly.

SoxNats07 wrote:
Week 11

Troy Polamalu +1 OVR (he was a 98 before)
Matt Stover +1 OVR
Derrick Burgess +1 OVR
Michael Boley +1 OVR
Daylon McCutcheon +1 OVR

SoxNats07 wrote:
Week 17

Chris McAlister +1
Ray Lewis +1
Kevin Williams +1
Chad Clifton +1
Kelly Gregg +1
Alex Smith +1
Justin Green +1

SoxNats07 wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Week 17

Chris McAlister +1
Ray Lewis +1
Kevin Williams +1
Chad Clifton +1
Kelly Gregg +1
Alex Smith +1
Justin Green +1

Chris McAlister -2
Troy Polamalu -1
Kevin Williams -2
Chad Clifton -2
Justin Green +1
Corey Dillon +1
Alex Smith -2
Sam Koch +2
Steve Foley -1

https://madden08league.forummotion.com/progressions-f71/baltimore-ravens-progression-week-17-t892.htm

When I took over, I checked the progression, Isaac Bruce was NOT listed in any progression. I've talked to the Falcons, Sox might have messed up and not posted it. Or it might be progression AFTER the offseason, where players improve or deprove (is that a word?) based on season performance. At any rate, I can settle for not getting Floyd and instead maybe like a later round pick. At any rate, neither I nor the Falcons knew about this.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

I don't think its fair to outright deny it if I did NOT know it. Now that Groves' rating and contract is revealed, I don't think it's fair to go back. What I think would happen is that I just wouldn't get Floyd.
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Thanks guys... keep voicing your opinions....
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:18 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

I don't think its fair to outright deny it if I did NOT know it. Now that Groves' rating and contract is revealed, I don't think it's fair to go back. What I think would happen is that I just wouldn't get Floyd.
I think it would be fair to both teams to completely rework the trade and see if he still wants to do it, cuz I highly doubt he wants to trade a potential franchise DE for a 35 year old #3 WR...
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:19 pm

mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

I think it would be fair to both teams to completely rework the trade and see if he still wants to do it, cuz I highly doubt he wants to trade a potential franchise DE for a 35 year old #3 WR...
Yeah, I dont mean to sound like an asshole ruskie.. but... yeah.. its kinda of highway robbery now.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:20 pm

mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

He did trade him for an 87 35 year old, I got a 77 WR back, since his WR went down 4, I lose that 77 WR?

We did this trade BEFORE the ratings came out, you can't go back after finding that out? Bruce is still his #1 WR, so I don't see where you got #3 from.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:21 pm

Falcons Guy wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Yeah, I dont mean to sound like an asshole ruskie.. but... yeah.. its kinda of highway robbery now.

its the same for me, if you get Groves AFTER his rating and contract are revealed.
Back to top Go down
silvablitz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
silvablitz

Number of posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:23 pm

well i say no for this reason

sorry to MK
when i voiced my opionion about the watson deal from the former gm that was denied

when a trade is processed or approved you cannot change your mind after cause of a better deal came along you you just don't like it

so since its already approved i say let it be
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:25 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

He did trade him for an 87 35 year old, I got a 77 WR back, since his WR went down 4, I lose that 77 WR?

We did this trade BEFORE the ratings came out, you can't go back after finding that out? Bruce is still his #1 WR, so I don't see where you got #3 from.
hed be a #3 on most teams hes rated as a #3 and he played like a #3...obviously you dont want this trade denied because your completely ripping him off now.
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:25 pm

silvabiltz wrote:

sorry to MK
when i voiced my opionion about the watson deal from the former gm that was denied

when a trade is processed or approved you cannot change your mind after cause of a better deal came along you you just don't like it

idk, but its like getting a guy like James Downey, (((made up name))) hes supposively is a 99 mlb.... but hes a 95.... what now???

James Runyan is a 92 WR.. but now hes an 88... you get it at all?
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:28 pm

mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

hed be a #3 on most teams hes rated as a #3 and he played like a #3...obviously you dont want this trade denied because your completely ripping him off now.

He was a #2 on the Ravens, he is now a #1 on the Falcons, what's your point? He had 656 yards and 6 TDs, that's pretty damn good for a #2. I don't want this trade denied because we agreed to it BEFORE Groves' ratings came out and his contract length. We agreed, TC passed it. Now one WR goes down 4 OVR. What I suggested is me NOT getting Floyed 77, maybe something like a 6th rounder instead. I don't see how this can be "denied" when it was passed. It's not like I deceived him or anything, I had no knowledge of it either, I psoted his stats and everything. I think waht MIGHT have happened was taht Sox screwed up. If so, why should I be punished?
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:28 pm

silvabiltz wrote:

sorry to MK

Thats a COMPLETELY different situation, that GM agreed to a bad trade, all the ratings were correct it was just an unfair trade. In this trade a players OVERALL was incorrect and it led to the Falcons getting screwed pretty badly.
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Floyd doesnt bother me too much.. hes only 77...

he wouldn't help to much......

so he doesnt bother me.. its just bruce....
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 1:31 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

He was a #2 on the Ravens, he is now a #1 on the Falcons, what's your point? He had 656 yards and 6 TDs, that's pretty damn good for a #2. I don't want this trade denied because we agreed to it BEFORE Groves' ratings came out and his contract length. We agreed, TC passed it. Now one WR goes down 4 OVR. What I suggested is me NOT getting Floyed 77, maybe something like a 6th rounder instead. I don't see how this can be "denied" when it was passed. It's not like I deceived him or anything, I had no knowledge of it either, I psoted his stats and everything. I think waht MIGHT have happened was taht Sox screwed up. If so, why should I be punished?
Well if its a fair trade, im sure it wouldnt be to hard to rework a trade for Groves with the Falcons...
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:15 pm

mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Well if its a fair trade, im sure it wouldnt be to hard to rework a trade for Groves with the Falcons...

Why should I pay the price for a mistake that someone else made? I would like to first hear what Sox thinks we should do, and move from there.
Back to top Go down
silvablitz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
silvablitz

Number of posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:17 pm

mksadng wrote:
silvabiltz wrote:

sorry to MK

Thats a COMPLETELY different situation, that GM agreed to a bad trade, all the ratings were correct it was just an unfair trade. In this trade a players OVERALL was incorrect and it led to the Falcons getting screwed pretty badly.

oh i get it
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:20 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SimsZilla wrote:
mksadng wrote:

Why should I pay the price for a mistake that someone else made? I would like to first hear what Sox thinks we should do, and move from there.
Sox told me to do a revote, and thats what were doing
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:21 pm

mksadng wrote:
silvabiltz wrote:

sorry to MK

Well, on one had, Yes, Falcons got screwed over by 4 OVR, my point is this: we made the trade before Groves' rating was revealed (84) and his contract length (5 year). Now, I would be possibly willing to renegotiate this slightly, seeing how Bruce went down 4 OVR, what I suggested was removing Floyd 77 WR. Now, once Sox gets on and tells us what happened, we can figure out what to do next. I am currently negotiating with the falcons for another trade, so it is likely that maybe we can rework this one into that one as well. However, my point is this: No matter what we do, I think that I should still end up with Groves. Whether it be drop Floyd for a 6th round pick, or me add something extra, or combine this deal with another, I could possibly be willing to do it. While I understand it is not fair for the Falcons, you must see this through my point of view as well: I trade for a player I have no idea what his rating or contract is, in hopes of benefiting. We post the trade, Sox himself voted on it I believe, and the TC approved. If Sox screwed up, why should the entire trade be scratched, especially now that Groves' rating and contract is shown?
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:26 pm

Well I recall one of my trades being revoted on and getting approved twice and then denied because some people were bitching about it...you were one of the ones bitching about it, so if my trade was revoted on and then denied this one can to. Sorry but its being revoted on and if it gets denied its denied.
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:38 pm

ok.. so we're revoting?
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:41 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 3:29 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
mksadng wrote:
silvabiltz wrote:

sorry to MK

Well, on one had, Yes, Falcons got screwed over by 4 OVR, my point is this: we made the trade before Groves' rating was revealed (84) and his contract length (5 year). Now, I would be possibly willing to renegotiate this slightly, seeing how Bruce went down 4 OVR, what I suggested was removing Floyd 77 WR. Now, once Sox gets on and tells us what happened, we can figure out what to do next. I am currently negotiating with the falcons for another trade, so it is likely that maybe we can rework this one into that one as well. However, my point is this: No matter what we do, I think that I should still end up with Groves. Whether it be drop Floyd for a 6th round pick, or me add something extra, or combine this deal with another, I could possibly be willing to do it. While I understand it is not fair for the Falcons, you must see this through my point of view as well: I trade for a player I have no idea what his rating or contract is, in hopes of benefiting. We post the trade, Sox himself voted on it I believe, and the TC approved. If Sox screwed up, why should the entire trade be scratched, especially now that Groves' rating and contract is shown?

Hey Ruskie, stop trying to blame me so you can get your trade. I just told Falcons that he was a 83, cuz I saw it in my game.

We are going to re-vote, but I am curious. How the hell could this be my mistake? Because I MIGHT have missed a progression (which is very unlikely).

And by the way, there might be offseason progressions.

I'd also like to another trade in our history. I made a trade with the Giants in which I believed Sean Locklear to be an 85 OT, when in fact he was only an 83. I gave Brandon Marshall and Jeff King (a 77 TE) for Locklear and a 5th, believing that Locklear was an 85. However, when I went to the game he was only an 83. Many members agreed that if he was an 83, the trade should not have been approved. But it was approved, and processed, and we moved on.

These things happen, and I now realize that all of you might doubt the ratings in your depth chart. I'd like to say about 97% of them are accurate, so you don't have much to worry about.

In any case, I will be posting teams' depth charts up soon.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...   A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A previous trade gone bad, please voice your opinions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next