Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Packers/Dolphins

Go down 
+6
mksadng
eaglesfan90
SoxNats08
Ruskie89
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Wes
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:31 pm

if it doesnt have much of an impact why does it matter so much to you.

I think you need to tone it down a bit, we dont need criticism on the board here especially over a simple trade in a sim league. We all get pissed but to let anger get the better of ourselves is something that we just need to control, no need to let it out on those who are simply doing their jobs.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
if it doesnt have much of an impact why does it matter so much to you.

I think you need to tone it down a bit, we dont need criticism on the board here especially over a simple trade in a sim league. We all get pissed but to let anger get the better of ourselves is something that we just need to control, no need to let it out on those who are simply doing their jobs.

Like i said, my next trade gets voted down and then i'll know for sure the TC is bias.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:34 pm

a lot of these guys on the trade council have seen literally hundreds of trades dating back to past leagues, they've got a good deal of experience and are quite good at voting, theres the odd slip-up but you just have to take it with a grain of salt (however I dont think this is a case where it was a slip-up)
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:37 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
a lot of these guys on the trade council have seen literally hundreds of trades dating back to past leagues, they've got a good deal of experience and are quite good at voting, theres the odd slip-up but you just have to take it with a grain of salt (however I dont think this is a case where it was a slip-up)

That's opinion to open, never the less i didn't stutter.

Last edited by on Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:46 pm

more of a first hand account, an opinion is more personal
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:50 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
more of a first hand account, an opinion is more personal

if you say so.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2007-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:05 am

eaglesfan90 wrote:
Denied 0 - 3

Quote :

That is what the two GM's said about this deal.
1. I don't understand how this improves the packers depth. Other than booker nothing is really helpfull for him.
2. Packers say they can afford to lose oliver because he is getting a good CB in return. scratch. I don't see how a 74/ 29 CB is a good CB in return.

If a team is trading youth for vets, the vets should be rated somewhat higher than the youth going out to make up for the age difference.

Adding an extra low 70's player on one side does not make up for the youth given.

It wouldn't be the end ot the world if the trade was approved, because these are low rated players.
Still I am going to vote no.

i said decent CB... i get a 74 / 29 and lose a 77 / 24?, not much of a loss, exepet for the age. and i get another wr to help my weaker wr core...

and some DE help

this was a good trade. i give up some rookies, but get good vet leadership in return.

why didnt this pass, come on
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:35 am

BrettFavreIsYourFather wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:
Denied 0 - 3

Quote :

1. I don't understand how this improves the packers depth. Other than booker nothing is really helpfull for him.
2. Packers say they can afford to lose oliver because he is getting a good CB in return. scratch. I don't see how a 74/ 29 CB is a good CB in return.

If a team is trading youth for vets, the vets should be rated somewhat higher than the youth going out to make up for the age difference.

Adding an extra low 70's player on one side does not make up for the youth given.

It wouldn't be the end ot the world if the trade was approved, because these are low rated players.

i said decent CB... i get a 74 / 29 and lose a 77 / 24?, not much of a loss, exepet for the age. and i get another wr to help my weaker wr core...

and some DE help

this was a good trade. i give up some rookies, but get good vet leadership in return.

Paul Oliver is an 81, not a 77, come one Trevor
Back to top Go down
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:05 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
BrettFavreIsYourFather wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:
Denied 0 - 3

Quote :

and some DE help

Paul Oliver is an 81, not a 77, come one Trevor

oh Razz i thought this was that trade where i was giving that guy from LSU, Zeon or w/e drunken
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Team Captain
Team Captain
Big_Z

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:45 pm

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

not to be a dick but how would you stutter while typing on the internet?

just wowowowowondering
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 3:51 pm

Big_Z wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

just wowowowowondering

LOL, it's a "saying" meaning..You heard me and i'm not going to say it again.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Team Captain
Team Captain
Big_Z

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:04 pm

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

just wowowowowondering

i "heard" you...do i need to turn up the volume on my laptop when i view your posts...do you link sound to them?

j/k just busting your balls man
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Big_Z wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

just wowowowowondering

i "heard" you...do i need to turn up the volume on my laptop when i view your posts...do you link sound to them?

i know. and hmm, linking sound..that's not a bad idea for my next rant lol!
Back to top Go down
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 pm

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Big_Z wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:

just wowowowowondering

i know. and hmm, linking sound..that's not a bad idea for my next rant lol!

clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Packers/Dolphins   Packers/Dolphins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Packers/Dolphins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2