Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cloning

Go down 
+8
Touchdown Jesus!
Ruskie89
Neumatic
mksadng
max1
SoxNats08
DreamTeam
eaglesfan90
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:07 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
just keep in mind ruskie, even if you dont have wayne this year he'll be on your team next year.

All the same, it's like I payed up all that stuff for nothing. Now, while next year was supposed to be my big run, having Wayne really improves my offense. I just feel that this situation (and there might be another), where a team traded for a player, then immediately lost them in preseason. The list of guys that Sox is going to clone is short, so there might be some room to create a few more.

Again, if you guys won't do it, nothing I can do about it, but it's just frustrating giving up all that for literally nothing this season, and if I waited possibly a day or two, I would be in the same exact situation as the team with Asante.

While I know that I get him next year, he is 29 this year, 30 next year..... not exactly the youngest guy out there.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:57 pm

I've looked into it some, here is the situation:

Falcons / Lions trade:
Quote :
Lions Give:
RB Willis McGahee 93 age 26
DT Sam Adams 87 age 34
CB Corey Webster 81 age 26

Falcons give:
CB Asante Samuel 95 age 28
RB Deshaun Foster 87 age 28

Ravens / Colts Trade:
Quote :
Baltimore Ravens get:
WR Reggie Wayne 96 / 29

Indianapolis Colts get:
DT Rod Coleman- 95 / 32
WR Demetrius Williams- 80 / 25
2009 2nd round pick Packers

Now, here is when they were proposed:

Falcons/Lions
First post on Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Ravens/Colts
First post on Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Slightly sooner for the Ravens/Colts trade.

Next, the time that they were officially accepted:

Falcons/Lions
Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Ravens/Colts
Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Same day.....

Now, the Falcons/Lions trade had the issue with the supposed lying and such, but the final verdict was reached on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:19 pm:

Quote :
The Administrators have discussed this, and we have come to a ruling

This trade will stand, we understand that the Lions GM feels that this should, but he has failed to show valid proof that the Falcons GM was lying when asked to provide it

In the end, it turned out to be one man's word against another, and there is not enough evidence to overturn this

The Falcons GM was very cooperative, provided us with the conversation, and wanted to fix this problem, there is just not enough evidence to overturn this, so it will stand

Therefore, as of Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:19 pm, both of these trades were officially accepted, and waiting to be pended upon. Now, here is where the difference lies:

The Ravens/Colts trade was officially processed on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:40 pm, the week of the Saturday Pre-season Simulation. However, the Falcons/Lions trade, which was ALSO sitting around at the same time, was, on Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:30 am, apparently unable to go through, due to the fact that
Quote :
foster is on the texans
In other words, the Falcons/Lions trade was waiting upon another trade to be processed before it could go into effect, yet this was not known prior to Saturday.

On Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 am, Sox posted the Injuries from the Preseason Simulation held on Saturday, January 26th. As you can see by these dates, the Falcons/Lions trade, and the Ravens/Colts trade were essentially identically posted, approved. Only problem was that Sox decided to process one a full 5 days before getting to the other, and then it turned out that the other could not be processed now that Asante was injured. As a result of this investigation, I would request that with these circumstances in mind, that I would be granted the option of having WR Reggie Wayne cloned. Had the Falcons/Lions deal be processed at the same time as the Raven/Colts, it would have been the same situation as the Ravens are in.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:59 pm

He has a pretty good point there...
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:22 am

This is the same selfish argument he's been taking on all Along. I really do respect where Ruskie is coming from, but deep down he doesn't give a rats ass about anything except getting Reggie Wayne. You announced who you were going to clone. Just stick to that list.
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:38 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no....Only the traded players will get cloned
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:30 am

SoxNats08 wrote:

I talked to Sox, and he explained to me the situation with the processing of trades that had occured.

To Dragon, nothing personal, I understand you may feel that way, I've been advocating all injured players, but seeing how that's not possible, why, I would be a bad GM to not state my case. And no, I do give a rat's ass about a lot of other stuff. Like winning. Very Happy
If you really do honestly think that all along ALL I've been trying to do is get Wayne, then you are a sadly misinformed individual, and I pity you.
In addition, I am not going to sink to throwing out personal low blows like you, although I do have quite a few things I do wish to say pertaining to other things about you, I will be the better man and leave it with your statement.

And EF90, if that's the way you see it, that's fine, I'm just stating my case. Kinda like an appeal, probably won't work, but simply digging up the facts. I also talked to Sox about it to see what is going on and got his view on it. Fact remains, often times in a court, a ruling often follows a precedent or similar case, I simply presented the facts that the two trades were very similar with the exception of the processing times (which I have spoken with Sox about over AIM, and he calmly explained what had happened).

I recognize more likely than not that I am not going to get Wayne, but as I have stated, I am going out on a limb for my players, as any coach or GM would. I appreciate the feedback, however, I do not appreciate certain people who constantly have conspiracy theories and believe every act is a selfish one. One must make sure their own backyard isn't a mess before they complain about a neighbor's.

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts.

And boy, did Duke put a beatdown on Carolina just now Basketball cheers
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:37 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

I talked to Sox, and he explained to me the situation with the processing of trades that had occured.

To Dragon, nothing personal, I understand you may feel that way, I've been advocating all injured players, but seeing how that's not possible, why, I would be a bad GM to not state my case. And no, I do give a rat's ass about a lot of other stuff. Like winning. Very Happy
If you really do honestly think that all along ALL I've been trying to do is get Wayne, then you are a sadly misinformed individual, and I pity you.
In addition, I am not going to sink to throwing out personal low blows like you, although I do have quite a few things I do wish to say pertaining to other things about you, I will be the better man and leave it with your statement.

And EF90, if that's the way you see it, that's fine, I'm just stating my case. Kinda like an appeal, probably won't work, but simply digging up the facts. I also talked to Sox about it to see what is going on and got his view on it. Fact remains, often times in a court, a ruling often follows a precedent or similar case, I simply presented the facts that the two trades were very similar with the exception of the processing times (which I have spoken with Sox about over AIM, and he calmly explained what had happened).

I recognize more likely than not that I am not going to get Wayne, but as I have stated, I am going out on a limb for my players, as any coach or GM would. I appreciate the feedback, however, I do not appreciate certain people who constantly have conspiracy theories and believe every act is a selfish one. One must make sure their own backyard isn't a mess before they complain about a neighbor's.

Save your pity for someone who wants it. You're the one, the night of your blown out of proportion rant that stated via AIM that you wanted Reggie Back and that was your main concern.

As for low blows, if you got something you wish to discuss publically by all means go for it, cuz i couldn't give less of a fuck if i tried.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:47 am

Firstly Ruskie, I'm not trying to diss you or anything but you ARE the one that told me, the night you went "Ballistic: 187" on Sox for his mistake, that your concern lied with Reggie Wayne alone, right after you told me to fuck off, when I suggested you relaxing and taking it easy.

My main point is this actually.

Sox you need be more globally communicative, not go telling the forum one thing and then logging onto AIM and such telling one or two people something completely different.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:13 am

Okay, lastly here Ruskie I'm going to apologize because..with all do respect the way you're stating your case, in my opinion, comes across a bit selfish, that's why I've had the..attitude direction i have.

But.. this is the way you should be stating it, and this is also my opinion/suggestion.

I do buy into the arguement Ruskie is making about the Approval Day of the Colts & Falcons Trades, on that monday. The fact they weren't both processed but yet were approved on the same day, is a mere technicality of no fault of Ruskies and the case he should be stating, if he's really not just for reggie, is this..

Quote :

Redskins Get

Carson Palmer QB 96/2 (29)
Ian Johnson RB 83/3 (not sure what he is in game- but he is a rookie)

Bengals get

Steven Jackson 97/1 (25)
Rex Grossman 89/1 (28)
09 6th rookie
09 7th rookie

Quote :

Chargers get:

CB Deshea Townsend 81 // 33
Chiefs 5th round rookie

Chiefs get:

CB: Leigh Bodden 82/28

Quote :

Broncos get-
Lance Johnstone(35)-77
Lorenzo Booker(24)-76
Kevin Barry(29)-77

packers get-
09 3d
09 4th

Quote :

Baltimore Ravens get:

WR Reggie Wayne 96 / 29

Indianapolis Colts get:

DT Rod Coleman- 95 / 32

Quote :

Lions Give:
DT Sam Adams 87 age 34

Falcons give:

This is a list of "January 7th Approved Trades"

Some of which were processed, some of which weren't. This is a technicality. All trades approved on January 7th, (as the others should have already been processed prior) should be included in Clone creations.

Regardless of whether or not a trade was processed. The reason I suggest this is because the only seperation between the Colts and the Non-Processed trades, is a mere technicality of them not all being done at the same time, but all being done on the same day. There for negating one(or more) Team(s) and benefiting the others, which I do not believe is fair and You can't really make a case that would convince me that it is.

There for, for this reasoning I DO think Ruskie should in turn receive Reggie Wayne. I do NOT believe any other traded players that were processed prior to Jan. 7th, should be considered for Cloning.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:13 am

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

Save your pity for someone who wants it. You're the one, the night of your blown out of proportion rant that stated via AIM that you wanted Reggie Back and that was your main concern.

As for low blows, if you got something you wish to discuss publically by all means go for it, cuz i couldn't give less of a fuck if i tried.

No recollection of that, and seeing how we don't have saved conversations, we won't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 am

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Okay, lastly here Ruskie I'm going to apologize because..with all do respect the way you're stating your case, in my opinion, comes across a bit selfish, that's why I've had the..attitude direction i have.

But.. this is the way you should be stating it, and this is also my opinion/suggestion.

I do buy into the arguement Ruskie is making about the Approval Day of the Colts & Falcons Trades, on that monday. The fact they weren't both processed but yet were approved on the same day, is a mere technicality of no fault of Ruskies and the case he should be stating, if he's really not just for reggie, is this..

Quote :

Redskins Get

Carson Palmer QB 96/2 (29)
Ian Johnson RB 83/3 (not sure what he is in game- but he is a rookie)

Bengals get

Steven Jackson 97/1 (25)
Rex Grossman 89/1 (28)
09 6th rookie
09 7th rookie

Quote :

Chargers get:

CB Deshea Townsend 81 // 33
Chiefs 5th round rookie

Chiefs get:

CB: Leigh Bodden 82/28

Quote :

Broncos get-
Lance Johnstone(35)-77
Lorenzo Booker(24)-76
Kevin Barry(29)-77

packers get-
09 3d
09 4th

Quote :

Baltimore Ravens get:

WR Reggie Wayne 96 / 29

Indianapolis Colts get:

DT Rod Coleman- 95 / 32

Quote :

Lions Give:
DT Sam Adams 87 age 34

Falcons give:

This is a list of "January 7th Approved Trades"

Some of which were processed, some of which weren't. This is a technicality. All trades approved on January 7th, (as the others should have already been processed prior) should be included in Clone creations.

Regardless of whether or not a trade was processed. The reason I suggest this is because the only seperation between the Colts and the Non-Processed trades, is a mere technicality of them not all being done at the same time, but all being done on the same day. There for negating one(or more) Team(s) and benefiting the others, which I do not believe is fair and You can't really make a case that would convince me that it is.

There for, for this reasoning I DO think Ruskie should in turn receive Reggie Wayne. I do NOT believe any other traded players that were processed prior to Jan. 7th, should be considered for Cloning.

Thank you for the clarification, I thought that the Falcons and Ravens two deals were the only ones under the circumstances, apparently there were other trades as well.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:20 am

You know what, lol this is awesome, everyone got to witness me and Ruskies daily arguements, life wouldn't be the same without one Wink
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:25 am

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
Firstly Ruskie, I'm not trying to diss you or anything but you ARE the one that told me, the night you went "Ballistic: 187" on Sox for his mistake, that your concern lied with Reggie Wayne alone, right after you told me to fuck off, when I suggested you relaxing and taking it easy.

After heavy drinking to the loss of Wayne, I have no recollection of what was said or done (Although I do remember I said "fuck off", followed by "in a friendly way"). Therefore, I whip out the "my brother was on my account" excuse.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:31 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
TheBigTunaKing wrote:

After heavy drinking to the loss of Wayne, I have no recollection of what was said or done (Although I do remember I said "fuck off", followed by "in a friendly way"). Therefore, I whip out the "my brother was on my account" excuse.

LOL! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:35 am

TheBigTunaKing wrote:
You know what, lol this is awesome, everyone got to witness me and Ruskies daily arguements, life wouldn't be the same without one Wink

Yes, we have done studies (when not arguing) that though through some circumstances we may not bitch and yell and argue for a few days by either not being on, simply not being mad, etc. We have come to the conclusion that we, on average, have one argument (1) per 24 hours (also known as day).
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Team Captain
Team Captain
Big_Z

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-08-25

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:19 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

dude..youre a DUKE fan...wow, just wow, i dont think we can be friends anymore

by the way, i hate to make excuses but if UNC had Bobby Frasor available tonight, let alone Ty Lawson, that is a way different ball game...I cant wait for the matchup in Durham though

GO HEELS

just kidding about the whole not being friends though, were still cool, as long as you admit UNC is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:26 am

Big_Z wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:

dude..youre a DUKE fan...wow, just wow, i dont think we can be friends anymore

by the way, i hate to make excuses but if UNC had Bobby Frasor available tonight, let alone Ty Lawson, that is a way different ball game...I cant wait for the matchup in Durham though

GO HEELS

just kidding about the whole not being friends though, were still cool, as long as you admit UNC is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better Laughing

I actually don't follow college basketball, I probably have a better chance of transferring to UNC later on, but I have a Duke jersey from a few years back when I somewhat cared, and I just know a ton of people who root for UNC at my school. Personally, from a college standpoint, I like UNC better, but for basketball, I prefer Duke, but I really don't watch it anymore, except that last night was a big game.
Back to top Go down
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

Number of posts : 896
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:59 pm

I miss the JJ Reddick and Sheldon Williams days Very Happy

GO DUKE
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #89
Rookie
Rookie
Steve Smith #89

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:31 pm

BrettFavreIsYourFather wrote:

GO DUKE

Friggin Bandwagoners...

Go State!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/codyaderhold
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:58 pm

Steve Smith #89 wrote:

GO DUKE

Friggin Bandwagoners...

Go State!

Hey Cody sunny

I have watched/followed Duke for years. My dad went there.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:03 pm

TheBigTunaKing wrote:

My main point is this actually.

Sox you need be more globally communicative, not go telling the forum one thing and then logging onto AIM and such telling one or two people something completely different.

Ruskie talked to me on AIM after I posted it... I never said it was final, and it still isn't. I am allowing Ruskie to make his case, and then the admins will make a decision.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Steve Smith #89
Rookie
Rookie
Steve Smith #89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Steve Smith #89 wrote:

GO DUKE

Friggin Bandwagoners...

Go State!

Hey Cody sunny

Yay, finally someone not even close to NC that isn't a bandwagon fan of UNC and Duke.

The very first I've ever met...serial...
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Steve Smith #89 wrote:
Steve Smith #89 wrote:

GO DUKE

Friggin Bandwagoners...

Go State!

Hey Cody sunny

Yay, finally someone not even close to NC that isn't a bandwagon fan of UNC and Duke.

Though I don't follow college basketball, back in middle school I did enjoy watching Duke, and still have a jersey of theirs, plus I live in Charlotte, NC, so I wouldn't call myself bandwagon lol.
Back to top Go down
BrettFavreIsYourFather
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
BrettFavreIsYourFather

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 2:17 pm

Steve Smith #89 wrote:
Steve Smith #89 wrote:

GO DUKE

Friggin Bandwagoners...

Go State!

Hey Cody sunny

for real?

king
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith #89
Rookie
Rookie
Steve Smith #89

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:09 am

Steve Smith #89 wrote:
Steve Smith #89 wrote:

GO DUKE

Friggin Bandwagoners...

Go State!

Hey Cody sunny

for real?

king

For reals.

Ruskie, that comment was really for Travis. I should have said "bandwagoner".

My bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cloning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloning   Cloning - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloning
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next