Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Observation about week 1

Go down 
+2
SoxNats08
Ruskie89
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Observation about week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:48 am

At 11:05 AM on Saturday
SoxNats08 wrote:
never mind, sim isnt today

At 1:34 PM on Saturday
BarackObama4Prez wrote:
I'm having a sleepover at Sox's house so we are actually going to do the sim tonight.

At 5:25 PM on Saturday
eaglesfan90 wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
never mind, sim isnt today

uh, ok lol

I'll still try to send in my d/c today, and when I get word of Wayne, I'll send in my sliders.

Can you send them in ASAP so I can get them to Sox to input them before the sim?, also, I think we maybe should sim late Sunday or Monday, seeing as, pending the problem trades, I have no idea what my team looks like:bball:

As we can see, there was conflitcting information going back and forth between Sox and Nerd, and the final post in this regard was made by Nerd at 1:34 PM. EF90, an ADMIN on this site, specifically requested that the date be pushed back to late Sunday or Monday.

Guess what. Neither Sox nor Barack replied in this regard since that post at 1:34 PM.

And also guess what?

You'd figure, after that Pre-season fuckup, that we would make a huge announcement and such as to when the season would be simmed (and Sox, I vividly remember requesting at least 24 hour notice prior).

Guess what people. Sox did post it, and guess where it was?

Under a thread titled: "Bills, Fins, Bucs"

Because of course we'll all assume that vital information pertaining to the simulation was made in a thread regarding 3 GMless teams... Rolling Eyes

Now, granted, I did post my Depth Chart prior to the "simulation" (my post was at 5:10 PM) and I sent my sliders to both Sox and EF90. Now, I got a response from Sox pertaining to Wayne and if he was going to be cloned or not, and then I responded with which sliders I desired.

I personally managed to avoid a situation that some GMs, such as EF90, were in, where they were unsure of their depth chart and as a result unsure of their sliders

I also noticed that Sox autosigned the necessary player to fill depth charts and sim week 1, and he also processed all FA signings. He also approved or denied the problem trades. I find this a good part that he did.

My question is this: First off, Captains. Some might say "that's nothing", but actually, Madden awards a slight awareness bonus to Captains. Inputting Captains would take 1 hour at most, and we've had those listed for how long? 1-2 weeks? Surely one hour could have been used to post them?

Secondly, none of the posted "depth charts" had anything that suggested Sox confirmed them or saw a problem with them (i.e. someone doesn't have such and such player, someone can't switch to this and that position, etc.)

Third, Sox did NOT post ANYTHING in regards to position change, except for this one thing:

At 11:33 PM on Saturday:
SoxNats08 wrote:
PatsDynasty wrote:
Travelle Wharton LT to RT
Anthony Weaver LE to RE
ROLB #15 ROLB to LOLB
Will Bartee SS to FS

If the rating changes (i think only bartee's will), can u post it? also post if there is no change

thanks

Wharton - approved
Weaver - approved
15 - approved
Bartee - approved

1 Fucking team got their position changes approved or denied. No one else had their recent position changes confirmed, denied, or acknowledged, period.

For example, check out the Cowboys:

*Last post in their position changes*
On Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:27 am

cav_fan2 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:
Tommy Kelly 82 DE to DT
Bobby Carpenter 80 ILB to ROLB
David Harris 77 ILB to ROLB
Jonathan Hefney 78 FS to SS
Lamont Thompson 78 FS to SS

If possible, would you check and see what Hefney and Rashad Baker's ratings look like at CB...I appreciate it a ton Sox

kelly - approved, 81 DT
carpenter - processed, 87 ROLB
harris - approved, 83 ROLB
hefney - approved, 75 SS
thompson - approved, 74 SS

Can you try this for me Sox?

Carpenter 80 MLB to LOLB
Brandon Chillar 82 LOLB to MLB
Chris Canty 78 RE to LE

Thanks a ton man!

Any word on this one Sox? Just wondering if I could get an answer before week 1...Thanks man

No acknowledgment, no nothing. The only fucking team to have their position changes confirmed or denied was the Panthers. What about all the other teams? Are they not important?

I am personally shocked that we've essentially repeated the same god-damn steps that brought about a great wave of anger and shock from the pre-season. Rather then publicly and noticeably post the time the simulation would occur, we have conflicting posts in a thread NOT pertaining at ALL to simulation, then have an ADMIN make a request, yet have no response. In addition, Sox was unavailable on AIM for most of the day, which means we, the GMs, could NOT contact him and engage in active conversation.

Also, the lack of response in terms of depth chart and player position changes (except one team) is simply astounding. When I inquired over AIM about this, this is how the conversation went:

Ruskie989 (12:47:17 AM): Question
Ruskie989 (12:47:28 AM): did you use the depth charts and position changes we posted?
randomdude228 (12:49:21 AM): yea
randomdude228 signed off at 12:49:33 AM.
randomdude228 is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.
randomdude228 went away at 12:49:44 AM.

Ruskie989 (12:49:54 AM):oh
Ruskie989 (12:50:06 AM): cuz you didn't post processed position changes
randomdude228 signed off at 12:50:06 AM.
randomdude228 is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in.

Great to know that the communication is flowing between the GMs and the Head Admin (this of course, can be traced back to "Bills, Fins, Bucs")

Granted, one might accuse that I am doing this because I lost, but honestly, I want to know: Did I lose the first week game because I got beat, or because I potentially had a 70 LE instead of 80 LE and 71 MLB instead of 89ish MLB starting (going back to position changes). Because there is a huge god damn difference between those two ratings and players.

Now, I sent my sliders in, and Sox, while he responded to Wayne didn't directly respond to the sliders, but I reconfirmed which ones I wanted and I think he got them. However, what about all those other GMs who didn't have time to send in sliders and depth charts? Hell, EF90, an ADMIN, was waiting for confirmation about trades before he would know for sure about his depth chart and sliders. Many other GMs were probably even less aware.

I think that it is also very unfair that Sox only posted player position changes for only one team; we don't know about the rest, and we don't know if our depth charts were valid and correlated to that which was on Sox's PS2. After all, even EF90 said that pending the problem trades, he doesn't even know what his depth chart looks like! It would be great information to know prior to a sim, wouldn't it!

Basically, GMs for the most part were unaware of the simulation, most GMs didn't have time to send in sliders, and the fact that depth charts were not confirmed, as well as no acknowledgment of player position changes (which would have GREATLY influenced the game) make this another screwup for the league.

Now, for myself particular, player position changes could have made the difference, if they were not confirmed or processed. As for most other GMs, not knowing about the sim, not having time to send in sliders, not having position changes and depth chart confirmed, and in general not having valid communication between the majority of GMs and Head Admin / Simmer could have screwed them over week 1.

You would have thought after the Pre-season fuckup, that steps would be taken to prevent a similar occurance (aka proper warning ahead of time, everything (depth charts and position changes) confirmed, acknowledgment of sliders, communication between GMs and Admins, and even Admins and Admins).

Apparently, I was mistaken. Rolling Eyes

*Granted, there may be one thing that could prevent this, and this is if Sox learned from the Pre-season mistake and has several copies of the file, so that if need be we can revert back to right before the simulation of week 1*
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:51 am

I do have the extra saved file, but of course you want me to go waste my whole weekend on you guys...
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:53 am

That's not it at all Sox, NOT at all. We want communication. We want to be SURE we know what's going on, and when.

When you have (or make it appear so) Barack pulling your strings, instead of listening to advice from one of your admin's, this is what causes problems. We just had this conversation in anotehr thread about communication, and then you put it on display at it's worst/
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:00 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
I do have the extra saved file, but of course you want me to go waste my whole weekend on you guys...

No, I think that maybe, just maybe, you could have found time during the past few weeks to confirm position changes, depth charts, and find an hour to do captains, then make sure that it was all confirmed and acknowledged prior to simming week 1......

And from what I've heard, not all of the trades that were approved were progressed (where'd I hear that before... Rolling Eyes ), and that the position changes were not done.

However, with that saved file, at least we can change whatever screwups occurred, and move on. Sox, thank you for at least listening to me about that last time.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:54 pm

I know i ususally dont get in teh middle of things and i am usually quiet(sp) .but i just dont get what the big deal is. He told us about the sim in the afternoon. I dont get it. What is the problem. he said nerd and him were going to do the sim yesterday, cause they were going ot have a sleepover.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:57 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
I know i ususally dont get in teh middle of things and i am usually quiet(sp) .but i just dont get what the big deal is. He told us about the sim in the afternoon. I dont get it. What is the problem. he said nerd and him were going to do the sim yesterday, cause they were going ot have a sleepover.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:55 pm

SimsZilla wrote:

Read the entire conversation, in full detail, and look at the arguement.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:57 pm

We're not disputing that he made a post about a sleep over in a Fins, Bills, Bucs, GM Spot thread, We're diputing the fact that he completely ignored some GM's posting questions and concerns that should've been addressed prior to the sim and weren't, and the fact one of his Administrators advised him to wait until this afternoon very much for that reason, and it was seemingly ignored, seemingly because NERD wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Wes wrote:
We're not disputing that he made a post about a sleep over in a Fins, Bills, Bucs, GM Spot thread, We're diputing the fact that he completely ignored some GM's posting questions and concerns that should've been addressed prior to the sim and weren't, and the fact one of his Administrators advised him to wait until this afternoon very much for that reason, and it was seemingly ignored, seemingly because NERD wanted it to be.

Yes, I agree. This issue is that not enough time was given prior to the sim, for most GMs to have gotten on and adjusts, the fact that several questions were not answered, including an Admin's request, and the fact that position changes and some trades were not processed nor confirmed, which could have meant that some teams had crap players starting instead of other better ones who position changed, which could have cost them the game.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:46 pm

My big thing here is that having a back up save file and just resimming week 1, doesn't address the true problem.

This, to anyone truly looking from all angles, really revealed the lack of communication between administrators and between members of the forum in general. We really need the assurance things like this won't keep happening. We need to know that Clearly posted Announcements concerning Sim dates, etc, and things that need to be done, with deadlines, will be posted in advance in the future, so that these issues don't keep occurring.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:46 pm

Wes wrote:

You cannot assume the these things Wes. You can't just assume our intentions to be bad. If you are upset with Sox about ignoring the questions of some GMs, then suck it up. There have been FAR more times when the GMs have ignored his requests then when he has ignored theirs. And we didn't even read EF's post before the sim. We were busy slaving over all of your fucking problem trades.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
Wes wrote:

Yes, I agree. This issue is that not enough time was given prior to the sim, for most GMs to have gotten on and adjusts, the fact that several questions were not answered, including an Admin's request, and the fact that position changes and some trades were not processed nor confirmed, which could have meant that some teams had crap players starting instead of other better ones who position changed, which could have cost them the game.

We processed all the trades that could possibly be processed. All GMs got in their stuff except for you. Don't assume that we are all as lazy as you are. Again, we didn't read EF's post until after the sim.

And according to your buddy Wes, Sox should be the one in charge, and he should be the one telling people what to do. I don't support that, but it's coming from you guys.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:51 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Wes wrote:

You cannot assume the these things Wes. You can't just assume our intentions to be bad. If you are upset with Sox about ignoring the questions of some GMs, then suck it up. There have been FAR more times when the GMs have ignored his requests then when he has ignored theirs. And we didn't even read EF's post before the sim. We were busy slaving over all of your fucking problem trades.

First of all, suck it up? Why should I, or any GM have to accept the "excuse" that some GM's have done it so it's okay if he does it... isn't that hypocricial? You didn't read EF's post? Well who's fault is that? Yours, Sox', not ours, you should've read it, and the fact that you claim youd didn't hence the reason you still simmed doesn't excuse the situation.

as far as "your fking problem trades?"

I haven't had a "Problem" trade as a result of MY doing in the Problem trade forum yet, so please don't address it to me like it's MY fault.

As far as the assumptions, people are GOING to make these assumptions, if Sox doesn't communicate things to the contrary. Which is also his fault and not ours.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:53 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
Wes wrote:

We processed all the trades that could possibly be processed. All GMs got in their stuff except for you. Don't assume that we are all as lazy as you are. Again, we didn't read EF's post until after the sim.

And according to your buddy Wes, Sox should be the one in charge, and he should be the one telling people what to do. I don't support that, but it's coming from you guys.

Yes, I did say he should be the one in charge, but I also stated there should be more communication between administrators. So while I do agree Sox has to be more assertive, he doesn't need to completely disregard everyone else on the site.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 pm

As I said before Nerd, continuing to make Personal attacks and trying to blame me and Ruskie, for this situation, is not going to solve anything.

Me and Ruskie haven't done anything wrong, You would THINK that after the Tsunami sized f-up in preseason that things would be taken more cautiously in the actual season. But that's not what happened and there is only 2 people to blame for that.

The guy that simmed without taking his admin's advice into account, properly posting what he did or did not proceses, addressing all pre-week 1 issues, and the guy who apparently holds more water in this forum than the atlantic ocean.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Wes wrote:
As I said before Nerd, continuing to make Personal attacks and trying to blame me and Ruskie, for this situation, is not going to solve anything.

Me and Ruskie haven't done anything wrong, You would THINK that after the Tsunami sized f-up in preseason that things would be taken more cautiously in the actual season. But that's not what happened and there is only 2 people to blame for that.

The guy that simmed without taking his admin's advice into account, properly posting what he did or did not proceses, addressing all pre-week 1 issues, and the guy who apparently holds more water in this forum than the atlantic ocean.

HOW DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO DO ALL THIS FUCKING WORK IN 1 NIGHT?

He isnt being helped out by 99% of the GMs, he has a billion things to input things to fix, bastards to deal with and pressure to sim. He carried our entire first season alone. If you have so many FUCKING PROBLEMS then just quit! Or we will just Ban your ass out of here.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:32 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Wes wrote:

He isnt being helped out by 99% of the GMs, he has a billion things to input things to fix, bastards to deal with and pressure to sim. He carried our entire first season alone. If you have so many FUCKING PROBLEMS then just quit! Or we will just Ban your ass out of here.

DON'T FUCKING WAIT 3 FUCKING WEEKS TO DO IT ALL IN ONE FUCKING NIGHT!

AND IF YOU CAN'T FINISH IT ALL IN ONE FUCKING NIGHT, THEN DON'T FUCKING SIM UNTIL LATER, WHEN YOU DO FINISH IT!

Comprende?
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 3:53 pm

catspajamas wrote:
I think my post got deleted by sox or nerd

*edit by league security*
dont bring religion in to this, come on.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:38 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
catspajamas wrote:
I think my post got deleted by sox or nerd

*edit by league security*
dont bring religion in to this, come on.

Thank you Simz.
Back to top Go down
Big_Z
Team Captain
Team Captain
Big_Z

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 2:04 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Wes wrote:

DON'T FUCKING WAIT 3 FUCKING WEEKS TO DO IT ALL IN ONE FUCKING NIGHT!

AND IF YOU CAN'T FINISH IT ALL IN ONE FUCKING NIGHT, THEN DON'T FUCKING SIM UNTIL LATER, WHEN YOU DO FINISH IT!

Comprende?

I dont understand why any of this is such a big deal...its a madden league for crying out loud. You would think your life depended on what went on with this site. I think you take this way too serious and this is supposed to be fun...as you can see most of the other GMs dont have a huge problem with this, so I do not see why you had to make this such a big issue. One word of advice is that you should tuck the string in thats hanging out of your pants, because the world doesnt need to know that its that time of the month for you. Just chill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observation about week 1   Observation about week 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Observation about week 1
Page 1 of 1