Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Interview With Ruskie89

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve_Smith_#12
Team Captain
Team Captain
Steve_Smith_#12

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Interview With Ruskie89 Empty
PostSubject: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:32 pm

Today I conducted an interview with the Baltimore Ravens GM Ruskie89. It went better than could be expected, and he was a pleasure to speak to. I was also pleasantly surprised at his favorite artist, and would like to suggest, if he hasn't already, that he listen to Sounding the Seventh Trumpet by his admitted favorite group. It's a great CD.

Steve_Smith_#17: What are your offseason plans for improving on last year's team?

Ruskie89: Well, the old Ravens GM essentially gave up the future for a one year run, acquiring too many good one year players to resign them all. I was forced to let Lance Briggs leave in FA. Now, to replace him, along with departed OLB Michael Boley, I picked up Boss Bailey OLB in the FA and Philip Wheeler OLB in the early 2nd. Right now, I am attempting to shore up the defensive line and my second CB position, along with improvements along my offensive line. I won't have the greatest passing attack, but I am trying to build a formula for success and Super Bowls: Run the ball, Stop the Run, and Play sound Defense

Steve_Smith_#17: Well, it sounds like you're well on your way.

Ruskie89: Thank you.

Steve_Smith_#17: What player do you think will be most pivotal towards your team's success this upcoming season?

Ruskie89: Laurence Maroney. He will essentially be my offense, and will have to carry the load in the season and playoffs.

Steve_Smith_#17: Now, let's take a second to talk about Alex Smith. He's young and has great potential, but up to now hasn't lived up to expectations. What do you think he needs to improve on to become and anchor of this offense?

Ruskie89: Right now, I feel that he has had a lot of pressure on his shoulders. By having Maroney run the ball often, it will allow Smith to feed off the play-action pass. Essentially, his job will be to not turn the ball over this year, as he did a few times last year. My job will be to have Smith not lose the game for us. I had to trade away Santana Moss, and don't have any real big playmakers at WR, so he's not going to get much help, but I did manage to pick up Bo Scaife in FA, who is a talented young TE. In the meantime, look for the Ravens to draft a WR high in next year's draft to give Smith more weapons

Steve_Smith_#17: So you're going with the Ben Roethlisberger approach. I like it.

Ruskie89: Indeed. Hopefully, this will give him more confidence and he will develop better behind a strong running game, and when he does get the weapons, he will still have the confidence needed to be a great QB in this league.

Steve_Smith_#17: Great. Now, we all know what Ray Lewis and Kevin Williams will do for the middle of that defense. Who else plays a key part in the defensive success this year?

Ruskie89: I would have to say that Jarvis Moss on the defensive line, rookie Philip Wheeler at Outside linebacker, and rookie Kenny Philips. Everyone knew about the holdout Burgess had, and I was forced to trade away the league's sack leader. Moss was brought in as a young, very fast pass rush threat, and will be essential to the defensive line. Wheeler will have to step in and start right away, but he has the speed to do great, and playing alongside Ray Lewis doesn't hurt. As for Kenny Phillips, he was drafted as a SS, so if Troy Polamalu gets traded, he will step in and have to do a good job. If Polamalu stays, look for Kenny to get playing time, either as backup S, on special teams, or even put in at CB opposite Chris McAlister. Most of my other defensive positions have veteran starters who have experience in the league and are proven. It will be up to these three guys to see if the defense maintains its high level of intensity, even after losing Asante Samuel, Lance Briggs, and Derrick Burgess

Steve_Smith_#17: It sounds like your team is in better hands than most thought. Thanks for the insight.

Ruskie89: No problem.

Steve_Smith_#17: So, Ruskie, let's give our readers a chance to get to know a little bit about yourself. Anything you'd like to share with your fans?

Ruskie89: Well, I would consider myself as one of the more knowledgable GMs in the league. I have had previous experience in numerous leagues, and I have the ability to spot talent.

Steve_Smith_#17: Sounds good. I've got one more question and then I'll let you off the hook. Music plays a huge part in my life, so now I'm making it play a large part in our conversation Very Happy Favorite band? Favorite song?

Ruskie89: I listen to different kinds of music, mostly rock, but out of all the bands, I would probably have to say that I like Avenged Sevenfold the most. They are very musically talented and I like just about every single song. As for favorite songs, I don't have any single one in particular, but if I had to choose, I would probably say "Seize the Day" by Avenged Sevenfold right now.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:55 pm

nice touch kyle
Back to top Go down
Zsirvone28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Zsirvone28

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2007-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 11:59 pm

Yea, real nice job on this guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sirvone
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:03 am

Zsirvone28 wrote:
Yea, real nice job on this guys.

Thanks Embarassed
Back to top Go down
silvablitz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
silvablitz

Number of posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 12:21 am

can i be next Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve_Smith_#12
Team Captain
Team Captain
Steve_Smith_#12

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:25 am

silvabiltz wrote:
can i be next Very Happy

Sox and Sirvone are ahead of you, but I'll place you in the queue Wink
Back to top Go down
silvablitz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
silvablitz

Number of posts : 1079

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:21 pm

Steve_Smith_#17 wrote:
silvabiltz wrote:
can i be next Very Happy

Sox and Sirvone are ahead of you, but I'll place you in the queue Wink

sick !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview With Ruskie89   Interview With Ruskie89 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview With Ruskie89
Page 1 of 1