Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mistaken Thoughts

Go down 
+6
wildcats
DC
SimsZilla
laraiders2006
SoxNats08
Ruskie89
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Hey Ruskie, stop trying to blame me so you can get your trade. I just told Falcons that he was a 83, cuz I saw it in my game.

We are going to re-vote, but I am curious. How the hell could this be my mistake? Because I MIGHT have missed a progression (which is very unlikely).

And by the way, there might be offseason progressions.

I'd also like to another trade in our history. I made a trade with the Giants in which I believed Sean Locklear to be an 85 OT, when in fact he was only an 83. I gave Brandon Marshall and Jeff King (a 77 TE) for Locklear and a 5th, believing that Locklear was an 85. However, when I went to the game he was only an 83. Many members agreed that if he was an 83, the trade should not have been approved. But it was approved, and processed, and we moved on.

These things happen, and I now realize that all of you might doubt the ratings in your depth chart. I'd like to say about 97% of them are accurate, so you don't have much to worry about.

In any case, I will be posting teams' depth charts up soon.

Quote :
Hey Ruskie, stop trying to blame me so you can get your trade. I just told Falcons that he was a 83, cuz I saw it in my game.

Perhaps if you didn't make a mistake in progressions, this wouldn't have happened. If Bruces' rating went down AFTER the season was over, and AFTER the trade was processed, I think it is also unfair to both parties. OF course MK wants a revote, he lost out on a deal, so naturally he wants to fuck over others as well.

Again, if there were offseason progressions, which there often are, then I really do not think it is fair to have this deal undone AFTER groves' rating came out and AFTER bruces' progession came.

Last edited by on Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:49 pm

btw i checked and it was an offseason progression
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
laraiders2006
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-12-11

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:53 pm

Then the trade should still count no?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:54 pm

laraiders2006 wrote:

I would think so.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:55 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
laraiders2006 wrote:

I would think so.
wait it still counts, i am confused
Back to top Go down
DC
Team Captain
Team Captain
DC

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2007-09-12

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:02 pm

Shit happens dude. Yeah it was a big mess up, but considering that Sox is the only Admin that really does anything IMO we should cut him some slack. This isn't easy on anyone that is in school like he is, and still manages to get everyone here what they want.

Same thing for the TC, there is no reason why trades should be not voted on for days. Thats ridiculous. Everything should as far as Mods and ADMINS should be re-done
Back to top Go down
wildcats
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
wildcats

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:11 pm

Here are my thoughts for what they matter.

There was a mistake and now if the trade stands one side is getting shafted( it really doesn't matter whose fault this is, it was an accident, not some one trying to screw someone else). Now if the trade does not stand no one is worse off, you just go back to the state you were prior to the trade. Ultimately the fairest resolution would be to put both teams back to the state they were prior to the trade. This way no one loses a player for less than they should.

Side note.

I feel it is ok for trades to take a few days to be voted on. The TC is trying to take the time to evaluate trades and not just give rash responses. Also most of the complaints about time have taken place during the week between Christmas and New Years. This is just a time of year where people are around less, so things are going to take longer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/error0073
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:18 pm

wildcats wrote:
Here are my thoughts for what they matter.

There was a mistake and now if the trade stands one side is getting shafted( it really doesn't matter whose fault this is, it was an accident, not some one trying to screw someone else). Now if the trade does not stand no one is worse off, you just go back to the state you were prior to the trade. Ultimately the fairest resolution would be to put both teams back to the state they were prior to the trade. This way no one loses a player for less than they should.

Side note.

I feel it is ok for trades to take a few days to be voted on. The TC is trying to take the time to evaluate trades and not just give rash responses. Also most of the complaints about time have taken place during the week between Christmas and New Years. This is just a time of year where people are around less, so things are going to take longer.

I stillt hink some of this goes back to lack of knowledge as far as football and trade voting is concerned.

As far as this mistake..SHIT HAPPENS, end of story.

Sox made a mistake..OMG THE WORLD IS GOING TO END..EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously dude, calm the fuck down. coming from me, lol that's funny but seriously. And to the administration staff, start taking some of the blame, don't just send people to Sox when something goes wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm

I talked to Sox, he informed me that the progression happened during the offseason, after the trade, so technically Bruce was 87 at the time of the trade. Now, I will be giving a little extra on my next deal with the Falcons to help somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm

My apologies Sox and everyone.
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-01

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:27 pm

re vote??? haha idk,.
Back to top Go down
laraiders2006
Starter
Starter

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Falcons Guy wrote:
re vote??? haha idk,.

I think in the future can we have off season progressions posted after the FA DRAFT but before the NFL Draft? Is that possible. That would prevent anything like this in the future.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:35 pm

laraiders2006 wrote:
Falcons Guy wrote:
re vote??? haha idk,.

I think in the future can we have off season progressions posted after the FA DRAFT but before the NFL Draft? Is that possible. That would prevent anything like this in the future.

I'm pretty sure that offseason progression happens after the NFL draft? At any rate, maybe during the draft have trades, and as soon as the draft ends shut down trading until progressions come through, any trades before that point are unaffected, then trading resumes with new progressions.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:36 pm

laraiders2006 wrote:
Falcons Guy wrote:
re vote??? haha idk,.

Yes, but this is the current issue we're actually discussing in the other forum.

Sox has to be th eone posting all the simulation info, so other people (the admin's) have to help out in EVERY other area, draft organization, trades, etc.

I think we can all agree that by the way the draft went, he's not getting adequate help. NOt even close.

So, please allow me for this Sox, sure maybe this mistake was Sox' fault, but, mistakes are BOUND TO HAPPEN when you have to do everything yourself, which does NOT make Sox entirely to blame.
Back to top Go down
laraiders2006
Starter
Starter

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:39 pm

Yes,. I BLAME YOU. cheers
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:58 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:
laraiders2006 wrote:
Falcons Guy wrote:
re vote??? haha idk,.

Yes, but this is the current issue we're actually discussing in the other forum.

Sox has to be th eone posting all the simulation info, so other people (the admin's) have to help out in EVERY other area, draft organization, trades, etc.

I think we can all agree that by the way the draft went, he's not getting adequate help. NOt even close.

So, please allow me for this Sox, sure maybe this mistake was Sox' fault, but, mistakes are BOUND TO HAPPEN when you have to do everything yourself, which does NOT make Sox entirely to blame.

Glad to see that someone sees what I feel.

That's why this league is so tough on me, I can't manage like this forever.
Back to top Go down
silvablitz
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
silvablitz

Number of posts : 1079
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:39 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
btw i checked and it was an offseason progression

off season progression, wtf wanna hook us up with them
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:12 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:
And to the administration staff, start taking some of the blame, don't just send people to Sox when something goes wrong.

Sox is the Head Admin (with Zoom)
Sox holds the game sims and progression

We all do the best we can
We cannot take the blame for things that are out of our control
We cannot make any decisions without the consideration and approval of Sox and/or Zoom
Everything runs through either Sox or Zoom

We all do the best we can, but we have limitations

Sox does an unbelieveable job running the league, but at some points, the "lesser" Admins are stuck between a rock and a hard place
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:18 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:
And to the administration staff, start taking some of the blame, don't just send people to Sox when something goes wrong.

We cannot make any decisions without the consideration and approval of Sox and/or Zoom

Sox does an unbelieveable job running the league, but at some points, the "lesser" Admins are stuck between a rock and a hard place

This sounds like an excuse to me, Seriously. It's out of your control to properly help orchestrate a Draft? (that was poorly run, sorry to say), it's out of your control to make decisions, and tend to trades approvals while Sox is away?

Things on this site, to an extent are very cluttered and hard to find, it's called maintainence, but no one seems to help Sox with that.

I'm not calling any one Administrator out. I'm calling you all out.
Back to top Go down
eaglesfan90
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
eaglesfan90

Number of posts : 1966
Registration date : 2007-10-15

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:27 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:

This sounds like an excuse to me, Seriously. It's out of your control to properly help orchestrate a Draft? (that was poorly run, sorry to say), it's out of your control to make decisions, and tend to trades approvals while Sox is away?

Things on this site, to an extent are very cluttered and hard to find, it's called maintainence, but no one seems to help Sox with that.

I was an Admin when round 5 of the draft was starting, I spoke with Sox and informed him that I couldn't help with the Draft, which he was fine with.

I feel that everyone is making a huge deal out of nothing when it comes to trades, we are voting, we are approving/denying, and some of us are just doing it more actively then others, part of the problem when Sox was away is that if Zoom also didn't vote, and we ended up with a difference of opinions on a trade, it had to sit there until either Zoom or Sox could vote

We are all human, we all do our bests, everyone is freaking out, but it is the holidays, we are all doing our best to ensure the site is running properly, and now that because we make some inevitable mistakes in a draft, and because some trades have to wait a little longer to be voted on, and because there is some offseason progression that Sox couldn't possibly have noticed, members are up in arms?, I get on here and do the best I can, Sox gets on here and does the best he can, others get on here and do the best they can, if that doesn't meet up to your standards, then I don't know what else I can do except apologize.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 1:01 am

HCWesWilliams wrote:
eaglesfan90 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:

Mistaken Thoughts Stalin
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 2:42 am

eaglesfan90 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:

I was an Admin when round 5 of the draft was starting, I spoke with Sox and informed him that I couldn't help with the Draft, which he was fine with.

I feel that everyone is making a huge deal out of nothing when it comes to trades, we are voting, we are approving/denying, and some of us are just doing it more actively then others, part of the problem when Sox was away is that if Zoom also didn't vote, and we ended up with a difference of opinions on a trade, it had to sit there until either Zoom or Sox could vote

We are all human, we all do our bests, everyone is freaking out, but it is the holidays, we are all doing our best to ensure the site is running properly, and now that because we make some inevitable mistakes in a draft, and because some trades have to wait a little longer to be voted on, and because there is some offseason progression that Sox couldn't possibly have noticed, members are up in arms?, I get on here and do the best I can, Sox gets on here and does the best he can, others get on here and do the best they can, if that doesn't meet up to your standards, then I don't know what else I can do except apologize.

I Understand and what I can say here is other than Sox you're the only Admin that has come forth and spoke your point of view.

please understand I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but I am supporting Sox, as I consider him a friend and All i want to do his help him and the administrative staff become more efficient.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 10:50 am

If no one noticed, EF90 made the whole 09 picks section yesterday w/o even telling me.

That's some good admin work right there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mistaken Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mistaken Thoughts   Mistaken Thoughts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mistaken Thoughts
Page 1 of 1