Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Todd Weiner

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should what I wrote be applied?
Yes
Todd Weiner Vote_lcap29%Todd Weiner Vote_rcap
 29% [ 2 ]
No
Todd Weiner Vote_lcap71%Todd Weiner Vote_rcap
 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 pm

Ok, so basically there was confusion about Todd Weiner (90 OT) and even though I had him on my team from a trade in YML, Sox accidently still had him on the Falcons.

So to add to this complication, Weiner suffered a season ending injury in I think week 3 or 4. So I lost him for this entire season

And just to add in some more complications, when Sox sent me the players I had that had 1 year contracts left he didnt include Weiner because he thought he was on the Falcons, so I went out and traded for Marshall (who had 1 year left on his contract), thinking I would have room to sign him, and now I cant resign Weiner because Id be out of FA points with Marshall's contract in my hands.

So we came up with this basically:
-I get to resign Weiner to a one year contract without taking a hit to my FA points. This is to compensate for the mishap that didnt allow me to resign him

Last edited by on Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:32 pm

I'm sorry but I voted no.

I have absolutely no problem with the first part, you can add a year to his contract w/o penalty, but I don't think the extra pick is necessary.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:34 pm

What my point is, although I forgot to transfer him onto the roster, after I transferred him (about week 3 or 4), zoom could have checked the ps2 ratings link to see if he had 1 yr left. i know i forgot to do that, but he could have checked too, so like titans i dont think the extra FA pick is necessary.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:36 pm

titans0021 wrote:
I'm sorry but I voted no.

I have absolutely no problem with the first part, you can add a year to his contract w/o penalty, but I don't think the extra pick is necessary.

Ok so you dont mind if a starter on your team was taken off your roster for the entire year even though you traded for the player?

I guess the pick could be later or something, but Id like to get some sort of compensation for the loss of the player for this season
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:37 pm

you wouldnt get compensation if you lost byron leftwich for the year. not to mention u already got a 1st in getting him from the falcons, so two extra comp picks is way unfair.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
you wouldnt get compensation if you lost byron leftwich for the year. not to mention u already got a 1st in getting him from the falcons, so two extra comp picks is way unfair.

Im not asking for two comp picks

and btw, you sent me my FAs on sept.1st
week three injuries were updated on august 31st I believe
and week 4 injuries were updated on sept 2nd, so since theyre in such a brief timeframe its obvious why I wouldnt check weiners contract then and if this happened in week three, then weiner should have been on there if that was the case
Back to top Go down

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:46 pm

...but he suffered a season ending injury, didn't he?

I don't get why it matters either way, if he suffered an injury. I lost Carey to a season ender, does that mean I get compensated?

......or am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:47 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:

and week 4 injuries were updated on sept 2nd, so since theyre in such a brief timeframe its obvious why I wouldnt check weiners contract then and if this happened in week three, then weiner should have been on there if that was the case

if so, you had roughly a 2 week period to check sim sports net on his contract.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:48 pm

poeticpyro wrote:
...but he suffered a season ending injury, didn't he?

I don't get why it matters either way, if he suffered an injury. I lost Carey to a season ender, does that mean I get compensated?

......or am I missing something here?
yea I think your missing something

Because he wasnt on my team when he got the season ending injury, if he WAS on my team theres no telling whether or not he would have gotten the injury, not to mention I didnt have him on my team for the first 3-4 games. And since Sox didnt list him on my team as a 1 year contract player, I dont have the FA points to resign him so Id be losing him forever which is gay
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:50 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:

if so, you had roughly a 2 week period to check sim sports net on his contract.

why would I check it if you told me he isnt a 1 year contract??????
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:53 pm

I never told you he wasn't a one year contract.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:54 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
I never told you he wasn't a one year contract.

yes you did! He wasnt on that list of 1 year contracts you send me so why would I assume he had 1 year left?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:56 pm

Because I didn't know he was on your team. You know, when you had your depth chart when I put the rosters into the sim, you didn't have Jonathan Ogden or Todd Weiner on it so that's why I was asking ravens who had him cuz i remembered him getting traded. Also, falcons had him on their roster at the time.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:58 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
Because I didn't know he was on your team. You know, when you had your depth chart when I put the rosters into the sim, you didn't have Jonathan Ogden or Todd Weiner on it so that's why I was asking ravens who had him cuz i remembered him getting traded. Also, falcons had him on their roster at the time.

I had them both on there, there was no reason why you shouldnt have had him on there dude. Ogden has always been on there I can guarantee that (except for these past 2 days since I traded him) and so has Weiner.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:11 am

Not true, dont know about Weiner but im sure when i did the rosters ogden wasnt on anyone's roster... i had to go around asking to find out.
Back to top Go down

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:13 am

Either way, he has a career ending injury...so how can you re-sign him and why would you want to re-sign him?

Cut your loses and move on. He had a career ending injury.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:17 am

he had a season ending injury actually
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:19 am

SoxNats07 wrote:
Not true, dont know about Weiner but im sure when i did the rosters ogden wasnt on anyone's roster... i had to go around asking to find out.

Ogden Im not sure, I remember when you did ask me if I had ogden and when I checked my roster he was on there, so if you did check my roster I had to have been editing it and for some odd reason deleted Ogden. I can guarantee that Weiner was on there though because I never touched him.

The bottom line here though is that Im losing Todd Weiner, a 90 OT, forever. Because of a lot of confusion. In ORDER TO MAKE THIS FAIR, I should get him for an extra season from FA without the point cost (thats already been agreed on by titans), that ONLY covers the portion dealing with the fact you never told me he had 1 year left (happened after we talked about it) so I didnt worry about having to resign him.
Now, I still need compensation for losing out on this 90 OT for this whole season (he got the season ending injury ON THE FALCONS, NOT on my team, so the injury isnt and shouldnt be my responsibility). Thats why I proposed the comp FA pick. It could be later but if it was a comp FA pick in the second round that would wind me up getting a player like 79 overall which I dont think is worth a 90 player (think about it this way, would you trade a 79 player whos like 29 years old for a 90 player whos 38 years old? No, now would you trade an 83 player whos like 29 years old for a 90 player whos 38 years old? Possibly, Im still getting the worse end I think but its a lot closer. Now this comparision is fair because a 38 year old would retire the next year)
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:20 am

poeticpyro wrote:
Either way, he has a career ending injury...so how can you re-sign him and why would you want to re-sign him?

Cut your loses and move on. He had a career ending injury.

season ending injury bud
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:21 am

Only thing is you already got a 1st round comp pick when I transferred him to your roster because he was on the falcons so that cancels that out.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:23 am

SoxNats07 wrote:
Only thing is you already got a 1st round comp pick when I transferred him to your roster because he was on the falcons so that cancels that out.

If I had known about this I wouldnt have been asking for the comp pick up there, I would have just asked to get the 1 year contract
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:40 am

ok
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:41 am

I edited the poll
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:54 am

its 1-5 aganist you... im not thinking this is gonna happen unless u get a miracle turnaround by the time i wake up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2007 12:55 am

actually its 3-4, Titans agreed with it but not the second part (which was taken out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Todd Weiner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Todd Weiner   Todd Weiner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Todd Weiner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next