Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League Vote Again

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

AM I Giving Enough
YES
League Vote Again Vote_lcap27%League Vote Again Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
NO
League Vote Again Vote_lcap73%League Vote Again Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
RpAaVtEs

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:47 pm

Alright how about this time Guys

Falcons get: 2nd 3rd 4th, 4th(Pats), Michael Jenkins, kyle Boller, Kelley Gregg 88 DT
Ravens Get: JR and Grady Jackson 81 DT (34 years Old)

If you think its still off, don't vote on the poll yet, rather vote by posting NO, this way I don't have to delete this whole thing and can just edit the offer if everyone thinks its off.
If you think Im giving enough then just vote YES on the poll.
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1934
Registration date : 2007-07-15

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:53 pm

NO
Back to top Go down
cav_fan2
Team Captain
Team Captain
cav_fan2

Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2007-07-12

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:54 pm

RpAaVtEsNS wrote:

Falcons get: 2nd 3rd 4th, 4th(Pats), Michael Jenkins, kyle Boller, Kelley Gregg 88 DT

If you think its still off, don't vote on the poll yet, rather vote by posting NO, this way I don't have to delete this whole thing and can just edit the offer if everyone thinks its off.

JR, meaning Jamarcus Russell, right? I do think your giving wayyyy too much...there are alot of #1 QB's that are bagging groceries right now...thats a lot to give up for a 1st year player IMO...but its your call
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:55 pm

cav_fan2 wrote:
RpAaVtEsNS wrote:

JR, meaning Jamarcus Russell, right? I do think your giving wayyyy too much...there are alot of #1 QB's that are bagging groceries right now...thats a lot to give up for a 1st year player IMO...but its your call

the point is he is overpaying
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
cav_fan2
Team Captain
Team Captain
cav_fan2

Number of posts : 367

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:56 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
cav_fan2 wrote:
RpAaVtEsNS wrote:

the point is he is overpaying

I understand...that was what I was getting at...I think he is definitely overpaying
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1934

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 11:57 pm

he shouldnt even be allowed to trade with a Gmless team, when the team does get a GM he will see his team doestn even have a good QB anymore..
Back to top Go down
DC

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:01 am

I know hes overpaying. But Im still saying no. Its not fair for the nest GM. At all.
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

Number of posts : 215

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:04 am

I have no problem with this, The new GM shouldn't have a problem when he's getting a 78 QB in return, 3 draft picks, a solid-good WR, and is upgrading big time at DT
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:06 am

titans0021 wrote:
I have no problem with this, The new GM shouldn't have a problem when he's getting a 78 QB in return, 3 draft picks, a solid-good WR, and is upgrading big time at DT

the new atl GM could be a diehard J-roc fan though
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:07 am

He also could be a HUUGGE Kyle Boller Fan
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:08 am

RpAaVtEsNS wrote:
no he couldn't, insane asylums don't have the internet
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:09 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

the new atl GM could be a diehard J-roc fan though
yes, but this is a madden league, he should be more concerned about improving his team, which this trade certainly does
Back to top Go down
DC

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 am

RpAaVtEsNS wrote:

Kyle Boller fucking sucks
Back to top Go down
RpAaVtEs

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 am

it was a joke..
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:12 am

a lot of teams get players based on how much they like them, he could also think jroc fits into the falcons scheme and if J-roc is his starter im sure he wont want to lose him. I dont think we should be allowed to trade with GMless teams, that just makes no sense in my mind. Who are we to say whether or not a team will do a trade, we had might as well do trades with teams if their current GM's simply arent online. Its just a dumb concept to begin with.
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:16 am

If J-Roc fits the style that he is planning on running, then Kyle Boller probably does as well seeing as Kyle Boller is a poor mans Jamarcus Russell, If we are arguing the concept of trading with the cpu, thats one thing, but the question is do you think the trade is fair, and it is very fair for the falcons
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:20 am

whats the point of finding if a trade is fair to begin with if the trade wont matter because we wouldnt be trading with CPU teams???

and boller isnt a poor mans j-roc. You cant EVER make that comparison
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 12:58 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
whats the point of finding if a trade is fair to begin with if the trade wont matter because we wouldnt be trading with CPU teams???

and boller isnt a poor mans j-roc. You cant EVER make that comparison
I can make that comparison. Neither have proven anything, both have incredibly strong arms, at his workouts boller through the ball just as far as j-roc did at his, neither are incredibly accurate, and they both got a lot of hype their final college years, when nobody thought they'd be picked early in the draft the year before. So yes it is a fair comparison, you never know how j-roc is going to turn out.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:06 am

titans0021 wrote:
you never know how j-roc is going to turn out.

thats why you cant compare them.

and j-roc is a lot more accurate than boller and is a very good scrambler (I dont think boller ever was) Just because two players can throw far and were picked early doesnt mean theyre similar.
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:25 am

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

and j-roc is a lot more accurate than boller and is a very good scrambler (I dont think boller ever was) Just because two players can throw far and were picked early doesnt mean theyre similar.
actually boller was/is a better scrambler than J-Roc, most people assume russell can scramble because he is a big black QB, and he's pretty slow

Coming out of college Boller and Russell were similar professional prospects, both had mediocre scrambling ability, both had big arms, both had questions about accuracy, both got insanely overhyped following their junior years.

I'm not saying Russell will have a Boller type career, but you can definitely compare the two in madden as well as nfl prospects
Back to top Go down
DC

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:29 am

titans0021 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

actually boller was/is a better scrambler than J-Roc, most people assume russell can scramble because he is a big black QB, and he's pretty slow

Coming out of college Boller and Russell were similar professional prospects, both had mediocre scrambling ability, both had big arms, both had questions about accuracy, both got insanely overhyped following their junior years.

I'm not saying Russell will have a Boller type career, but you can definitely compare the two in madden as well as nfl prospects

You cant compare these two as prospects dude. JROC didnt have as many question marks about his game as did Boller. They are way different. Boller doesnt have close to the arm that Russell posseses. And dude Boller was never ever considered mobile
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:35 am

titans0021 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

no you cant compare them in madden because russell will get better, boller WONT.

Russell's slow for a black man but he isnt nearly as slow as boller. And by scrambling I mean he can get out of the pocket better than Boller can. Not that he can run (scrambling doesnt only take place outside of the pocket)
Back to top Go down
titans0021
Team Captain
Team Captain
titans0021

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:09 am

Kyle Boller did everything that J-Roc did involving arm strength coming into the league, he could throw the ball 80 yards in the air, 50 yards from his knee, so yes the arm strength is comparable

On strong armed QBs, and the hype heaped upon them:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/04/05/strong.arms/index.html

As for speed and footwork:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/don_banks/news/2003/02/23/banks_combine/

That was written following the combine on Kyle Boller, notice Boller ran a 4.61, which is faster than J-Roc's 4.85, by a significant margin, continue reading,

"If you want the athletic quarterback, the quarterback who can move, Boller can do that," the AFC personnel man said. "And he's a good quarterback; he's not just an athletic quarterback. He didn't throw, not yet, but he'll have his workout day, and if he throws well that day, he's going to be in great shape."

that was the word on him coming into the draft

So yes it is a fair comparison, both with cannon arms, both getting tons of hype, both viewed as good QBs, Boller actually faster, this is a fair comparison.

As for madden I said he's a poor mans J-roc meaning he is worse but is a similar type player
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:26 am

titans0021 wrote:
Kyle Boller did everything that J-Roc did involving arm strength coming into the league, he could throw the ball 80 yards in the air, 50 yards from his knee, so yes the arm strength is comparable

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/04/05/strong.arms/index.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/don_banks/news/2003/02/23/banks_combine/

That was written following the combine on Kyle Boller, notice Boller ran a 4.61, which is faster than J-Roc's 4.85, by a significant margin, continue reading,

"If you want the athletic quarterback, the quarterback who can move, Boller can do that," the AFC personnel man said. "And he's a good quarterback; he's not just an athletic quarterback. He didn't throw, not yet, but he'll have his workout day, and if he throws well that day, he's going to be in great shape."

So yes it is a fair comparison, both with cannon arms, both getting tons of hype, both viewed as good QBs, Boller actually faster, this is a fair comparison.

As for madden I said he's a poor mans J-roc meaning he is worse but is a similar type player

im not gonna say it again, scrambling isnt always out of the pocket

and if you look at boller and russell in madden 08, theyre stats arent even close. So no, they arent a similar type of player. And considering this is madden 08 we're simming it in, any other factors (including where they were drafted?) has no role what-so-ever
Back to top Go down
DC

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 2:29 am

titans0021 wrote:

wow. How long did it take you to copy paste and reword?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

League Vote Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote Again   League Vote Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Vote Again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next