Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League

Go down 
+5
catspajamas
wildcats
max1
SimsZilla
BarackObama4Prez
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Merge Into One Major League?
Yes
League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Vote_lcap32%League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
No
League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Vote_lcap26%League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Could Work..
League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Vote_lcap42%League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Empty
PostSubject: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:32 am

I had a question for you guys....

I'm going to personally talk to Soxnat when he gets back from vacation but I want to prepose this to the league now.

I had this idea:

I'd buy a domain. We'd have a real domain, not a subforum. It'd be www.mymaddenleague.com

I was thinking that all of these small leagues you guys have scattered everyone, could merge into one major one.

Soxnat could SIM games and post stats (like what he does here), I could pull the MODS from those sites to be MODS for this site, I'd need to find a web designer (or someone who knows what they're doing I should say) to work their magic for the site look...

Basically, I'll pay for it and we'll have one true league...one with a real domain, and one filled with nothing but committed members.

How does this sound to everyone?

If it sounds good, let me know, if it sounds bad, let me know....if you like the idea, pitch it out to other smaller leagues and see what they say. If we can basically get a merge of several leagues into one, it could be amazing.

-Pyro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 11:53 am

I officially have a web designer...like someone who does pages for real.

So, that could be an incentive lol. Already got a real designer.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:19 pm

poeticpyro wrote:
I had a question for you guys....

I'm going to personally talk to Soxnat when he gets back from vacation but I want to prepose this to the league now.

I had this idea:

I'd buy a domain. We'd have a real domain, not a subforum. It'd be www.mymaddenleague.com

I was thinking that all of these small leagues you guys have scattered everyone, could merge into one major one.

Soxnat could SIM games and post stats (like what he does here), I could pull the MODS from those sites to be MODS for this site, I'd need to find a web designer (or someone who knows what they're doing I should say) to work their magic for the site look...

Basically, I'll pay for it and we'll have one true league...one with a real domain, and one filled with nothing but committed members.

How does this sound to everyone?

If it sounds good, let me know, if it sounds bad, let me know....if you like the idea, pitch it out to other smaller leagues and see what they say. If we can basically get a merge of several leagues into one, it could be amazing.

-Pyro

sounds alright, but this is not the main league. i mean, this is one of the newer ones that popped out. i think the main league is the BML, which is essentially where all of us came from, and that should be made into a real website. i dont really understand joining up all of the leagues, cuz we all have different teams. and their would be way too may members to fit for teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:26 pm

thats good, we want members who are devoted to the site and not just the league. The most successful leagues are ones like www.rzl-football.com and www.maddenboard.com

Those all have waiting lists.

The site would be www.mymaddenleague.com

I already have a web designer who's working on a sample for me to see what he can do and I'm looking to buy the domain today and he'll get to work on it.

If this interests you guys, ask on BML for me too...

The teams won't transfer over, it'll all be new. We'll be a brand new league with lots of experienced members.

We can all discuss who can take what roles, thats fine with me...
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:45 pm

I would defentily be in. Great Idea poeticpyro.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:52 pm

When my designer is done with his sample page, I'll post it here for you guys to see.

I'm serious about this, and I'm going to put down the money to host and get us a domain. All I want from you guys is devoted members and a crew of guys to make it work.

Whoever you think is the best SIMer/Stat Poster (most organized and timely) then see if they're interested in doing it....whoever you think are good mods, see if they're interested in doing it.

I'm going through with this and I want a lot of you to join me in doing so.
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1934
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:54 pm

It would be way to hard, right now there are 3 active leagues. With all the teams filled. Are you saying we would have to share a team? I dont like this idea at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:59 pm

not share a team....

Look, I'm only giving you all the option basically to come over to a REAL domain with real web design and everything.

Not EVERYONE has to come, not EVERY league has to come and you dont' have to share teams.

I'm saying, for the people who do want to come then you can come. I'd need a SIMmer and mods. I have a web designer.

Basically, if one of you who runs the games on one of the sites is interested in moving up to a real domain and everything, then so be it. I'd love to have you do it. If your a team owner who would like to owner a team with a real domain website, I'd really appreciate you coming along for the ride.

Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:03 pm

so your pretty much starting a new league thats all. We arent carrying are team over or anything correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:07 pm

No, not carrying over teams.. what would be fun about that.

I just don't like how we're split up to like 4 different small leagues with a few really good members in each rather then one league with all of the good members in them...

What I'm offering is to pay for a domain and I'm paying a web designer to do the site. I'm paying for everything.

I just need a guy in charge of running the games/posting, mods, and GMs. I'm offering all of you guys, my fellow team owners on these leagues, first opportunity.
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:13 pm

Sounds very good to me. I think you should view all the websites and pick the most active members from them. That way you wont have any dead teams.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:14 pm

max1 wrote:
Sounds very good to me. I think you should view all the websites and pick the most active members from them. That way you wont have any dead teams.
well i know that on BLM i had the most posts. i had like 1600. then the next person behind me had 1000/ so i won that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:15 pm

My exact point.

People like you, Labron, Sox, Simzilla, etc etc etc.

I'm basically putting the fate of a web domain in your guys' hands. I want you guys to send people who you KNOW are good owners my way to own teams in the new league and I want YOU guys to send over the best game runner (guy who sim's the games and posts stats) over to the new site, etc.

I want to make the best NFL Fan Site/Madden SIM League out there...and with the right people, we can get that done.
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:16 pm

Well i vote Sox to do all that stuff since he is very active and very helpful.
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:17 pm

max1 wrote:
Well i vote Sox to do all that stuff since he is very active and very helpful.
second that
Back to top Go down
wildcats
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
wildcats

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 pm

This does sound like a very good idea. It would be nice for there to be one main league.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/error0073
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:47 pm

sounds good
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
catspajamas

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:56 pm

idk, i like the league how it is, we ALL worked very hard on our teams, that would be a giant waste of alot of our time, i really think that would be a horrible idea
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/holyvendetta

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:58 pm

See, the problem I'm seeing is that we're sticking with a league that is spread out over 4 other forums. They're not even real sites, first off, they're forums. Secondly, we're spread out to much.

Either way, I'm going to be making this league. I'm just hoping the devoted members like you choose to come over..
Back to top Go down
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 1:59 pm

wait so ur only gonna pick a few members from each league
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:03 pm

I'll fill up my league with the best members...if they even chose to come. I could pick the best members but only end up with half of them choosing to come over. Thats up to you guys.
Back to top Go down
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:07 pm

who ever doesnt get picked will be pissed off
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:15 pm

just wondering:
were would we be getting the rosters? madden 08?
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
catspajamas

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:18 pm

that would fuck everything up, really, tons of ppl would quit the smaller leagues, which GUARANTEES at least 96 people being left out, and the other leagues not running, just a really bad idea and pissing tons of ppl off
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/holyvendetta

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:18 pm

then they can stay with their old league...I dunno.

Not everyone can be picked. The major deal is, I want to have a sports site and a Madden SIM league in one.....not just a league that people are only here for the games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next