Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League

Go down 
+5
catspajamas
wildcats
max1
SimsZilla
BarackObama4Prez
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Merge Into One Major League?
Yes
League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
No
League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 5 ]
Could Work..
League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage

League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 pm

the other "96" people could easily run their league still. We don't HAVE to merge all three leagues, but we can have members from the other leagues join up with this new league.

We don't HAVE to shut down the old leagues..
Back to top Go down
Grasspik

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:20 pm

Sounds like a pretty good idea, but I don't want to be one of the ones booted out.
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
catspajamas

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:21 pm

but ppl are gonna stop doing the other leagues, no doubt, if they merge into one big one, it would cause a shitload of drama, not worth it
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/holyvendetta
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:23 pm

if i wouldnt get picked i would be really pissed
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm

yah this idea no offense kinda wont work. i mean, its cool if we have a url, but it's not needed. we are fine as it is, whats the point? and how r we gonna pick who comes ovr? everyone is gonna want to joi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:34 pm

Well the thing is, I'm doing this for sure. I'm going to buy the domain and host today after work, then my web designer is going to start working on the page. After he's doing, I have to pay him for the page so..

Then, I'm going to ask Soxnat about running the league games. Beyond that, I want you guys cause I KNOW your good members who are devoted to the league and I know you'll stick around.

So, once he gets back I'm asking him....if he takes it, great, if not then I have to find someone else. Then, you guys can join as you wish.

I just really want to put up the money and get a real web page and then just be one of the best SIM Leagues out there...rather then being a part of 4 semi-successful SIM Leagues.
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
catspajamas

my point exactly, now imagine 96 angry ones
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:37 pm

Your taking 32 members and putting them in the driver seat RIGHT off the bat. Then, if they don't live up to expectations, they get pushed out and a new member who is part of the league can join.

Thats how real SIM Leagues are, not EVERYONE is a team owner but they're still devoted members to the page.

Go look at www.maddenboard.com

Thats the best example I can give. It shouldn't be ALL about being a team owner, it should also be about being a part of a good community that discusses sports AND a perk of the site is a league.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:41 pm

poeticpyro wrote:
Your taking 32 members and putting them in the driver seat RIGHT off the bat. Then, if they don't live up to expectations, they get pushed out and a new member who is part of the league can join.

Thats how real SIM Leagues are, not EVERYONE is a team owner but they're still devoted members to the page.

Thats the best example I can give. It shouldn't be ALL about being a team owner, it should also be about being a part of a good community that discusses sports AND a perk of the site is a league.

see, i dont like how you can just get pushed out off your team. i would quit if that happened to me. we already have "a good community that discusses sports AND owns teams".
Back to top Go down
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:46 pm

theres nothing wrong with this league why ruen it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:55 pm

its not ruining it, its advancing it.

We can get the best members to join up into one league...run with a REAL domain. Which means it can actually get noticed and ranked, etc etc.

I don't see whats wrong with that.

If you wanted a team, you could get one. Its as simple as that. You'd have fresh Madden 08 rosters...it'd be cool.
Back to top Go down
mksadng
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
mksadng

Number of posts : 1840

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 2:59 pm

I would definetly be up for it... Guys you dont have to leave this league but BML is over, and GML is still drafting this league is the only one whos started simming, why not try that league as well? If hes paying for it we know he wont leave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:03 pm

Thats my point, I hear a lot about the smaller leagues slowly going under. Why not salvage the good members and move them to a site that WILL last.

Like you said, I'm paying for it for a full year. I'm not going to ditch out on it. As long as we have a game runner then I'm fine and I'm willing to pay for it.

I really really want this to work and I really want a strong staff and group of members to support it.
Back to top Go down
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm

ok but im tellin u if i dont make the league i will be pissed off bad
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:10 pm

well who is gonna choose who joins?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:20 pm

basically, everyone.

Rather then making it public and pointing people out....just e-mail me or something the people you find fitting.

I'll use those people that everyone sends and pick the ones I think are most suitable.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:21 pm

poeticpyro wrote:

Wait I still don't exactly understand this.... so all the other leagues will shut down? What about this one? We've already started simming... Pyro, this sounds very interesting but it doesn't seem very clear to me.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 3:24 pm

Just PMed you Sox.

As for the rest, the page will take a little while to be complete so he could most likely finish this season off before mine would start..
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
catspajamas

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 4:25 pm

makes no sense to ruin other leagues, dont say it wont, cause it will, its not worth it, this league is fine
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 4:50 pm

If we do make a merged league, I call the Chargers
Back to top Go down
nieemo

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:00 pm

i call panthers
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:01 pm

i call patriots Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DC

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:01 pm

Lions
Back to top Go down
max1
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1934
Registration date : 2007-07-15

seahawks
Back to top Go down
PatFan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
PatFan

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 5:05 pm

i call Packers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League   League Vote:  Merge Into One GREAT League - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

League Vote: Merge Into One GREAT League
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next