Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum: The Final Proposition

Go down 
+11
Neumatic
titans0021
wildcats
eaglesfan90
SimsZilla
catspajamas
BarackObama4Prez
Steve_Smith_#12
Ruskie89
Wes
SoxNats08
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:52 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Ruskie, I agree with what you had to say at the end of your post, but you shouldn't be so quick to blame me... If you think about it, if you guys had the right depth charts and didn't trade players you didn't have like Darren Sharper, I wouldn't have to waste hours doing this.

I agree with you 100%. There are too many GMs who don't keep track and fuck up, and you have to pay for it, and I apologize on their behalf of negligence. There should be some sort of "punishment" (lose of picks, contract points, FA points, etc.) for constant repeat offenders. However, I personally was waiting for confirmation of position changes before I could submit my depth chart. This was not, and still is not confirmed, and I don't know if it was used for week 1 (right now, I feel it was not).
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:52 am

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Wes wrote:
Steve_Smith_#12 wrote:
I personally think everything needs to be dropped and the league needs to be restarted on a 360. It makes the most sense, especially if Sox has the system available to him at all time where he can process the trades and changes as they come to him.

Everyone drops everything, everything resets, and the league takes a new stance and everybody does their part to make things work.

To a degree, I agree with this, but if this happens, I am sorry, but i believe SERIOUS "in charge" changes need to be made.

I do believe TD and EF should keep their spots. I do not believe Nerd should hold any decision making power when it comes to administratiion. Especially since, to me, it seems like it's a SERIOUS conflict of interest, as I think my post of our AIM conversation, illustrates how he is certainly taking advantage of a friendship to manipulate power within this league.

Nerd here, on nerd's account.

Sox is siting right next to m as I am posting this. Annd we both believe that that last statemet you made about me manipulating our friendship for power--is BS. Do you know what you are talking about? Do you even know me well enough to mak that kind of judgement? I wouldn't do that to a friend just to gain power in a MADDEN LEAGUE.

And thats what it all is when it comes down to it. A Madden League.

Yes, I know what I'm talking about, and it's based on the actions and reactions of both you and Sox.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:54 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Ruskie, I agree with what you had to say at the end of your post, but you shouldn't be so quick to blame me... If you think about it, if you guys had the right depth charts and didn't trade players you didn't have like Darren Sharper, I wouldn't have to waste hours doing this.

I agree with you 100%. There are too many GMs who don't keep track and fuck up, and you have to pay for it, and I apologize on their behalf of negligence. There should be some sort of "punishment" (lose of picks, contract points, FA points, etc.) for constant repeat offenders. However, I personally was waiting for confirmation of position changes before I could submit my depth chart. This was not, and still is not confirmed, and I don't know if it was used for week 1 (right now, I feel it was not).

Also, Sox, i agree with you on this sentiment, that there are a lot of Gm's that .... well suck at being a GM in the respect that they do nothing in the right formats, they don't do things on time, etc. But I am not, and have not been one of those poeple, I, nor Ruskie, nor others who aren't at failure to do things properly deserve to be slighted as a result of some Gm's lazyness and poor activity.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:58 am

Wes wrote:

Yes, I know what I'm talking about, and it's based on the actions and reactions of both you and Sox.

No, you dont know what you are talking about...

You haven't ever met me. You barely know my name.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:58 am

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
And thats what it all is when it comes down to it. A Madden League.

YES! And give us GMs time to adjust, and prepare and know when deadlines are due! So that way we don't have headaches and everyone is happy!

Honestly, would you tell people in 3 months we're having the 09 draft, then say in 2 weeks we are, then in two weeks on that Saturday, announce in a thread not related to the draft that the draft would start that very day, and do it?

Have you gone to a class, the teacher stats a paper will be due in 2 weeks, then on that Friday, says the Paper is due at the end of the day as the final deadline?

No, we need advanced warning on a concrete date.

Honestly guys, The biggest issue I see right now is that Sox and Nerd tried to "force" that first simulation to be done tonight.

Granted, we have backup files, so we can go back, finish confirming position changes, make sure depth charts are accurate, and finish processing trades.

With that in mind, we honestly have to stop this bullshit of announcing the deadline on the day it will occur.

That's the biggest issue in my opinion.

If you said on Thursday "Hey guys, I'm simming on Saturday night" in a thread clearly marked "Week 1 simming", then CONFIRMED our position changes, processed trades, made sure our depth charts match what's on your system, etc. There wouldn't be an issue. Most GMs would have had time to adjust. Less than 12 hour warning is NOT enough time to adjust, ESPECIALLY when you don't confirm vital information.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:59 am

Further more, as I tried to explain earlier, before you and Nerd went "anti-civil" on me, The issues pertain to not all the trades that occurred prior to week 1 sim, being processed, so that teams had the right guys on their team, and Gm's not knowing if depth chart and position changes were processed because there was no "updated' Post or anything on your part.

I'm not calling you a liar, but look at it from a different perspective for a second, you can say you did these things but if there's not posted evidence of it, we're to assume that it was NOT done, and there in lies the problem.

I just did a trade in which improved my team in a couple vital areas, (in my opinion) and probably improved another team (the bears), and as far as I can tell it doesn't matter for week one cuz the trade wasn't processed.

It's things like this, as Ruskie stated, after the overly critical criticism received due to the BIG mistake in preseason simulation, that we'd all like to think you wouldn't rush passed. I think that is why EF90, as an admin, communicated the likely need to wait until sunday afternoon, so that we all knew these things were done, could communicate any last minute things to you, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:59 am

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Wes wrote:

No, you dont know what you are talking about...

You haven't ever met me. You barely know my name.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, and have yet to hear/see evidence to suggest the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am

If you have back up files, they need to be used, the rest of the trades need to be processed, position changes and depth chart changes processed, slider changes processed, EVERYTHING updated via posts saying they were updated, etc. and week 1 resimmed Sunday evening.

This is not a demand, simply a very strong suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:05 am

It's as simple as this. I'm not an administrator, Nerd isn't an administrator, Ruskie isn't an administrator...

in fact the only people that are, are EF90, TD Jesus, Dream Team and You Sox.

Y'all really need to get together, communicate and figure this out.

Because the way this "went down" tonight, looks extremely bad. Doesn't sit well with some people, not limited to me and Ruskie, and all that is going on right now, is personal attacks against each other back and forth and that is going to solve NOTHING.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:09 am

Wes wrote:
If you have back up files, they need to be used, the rest of the trades need to be processed, position changes and depth chart changes processed, slider changes processed, EVERYTHING updated via posts saying they were updated, etc. and week 1 resimmed Sunday evening.

You are not in the position to give me any "strong suggestions".

Like you said, you are a nobody.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 am

I will not apologize for anything I've said here tonight because I don't believe I said/did anything wrong.

I stand by everything I said tonight.

I also stand by the statements I made that suggest I want to help out where I can in this league and that I have no desire to leave it.

But at some point, there has to be accountability, people have to stop blaming this "blame Wes" game, and stand up for their own actions, and instead of fighting all the time, just do what needs to be done to improve the situation.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:

Very well thought out respone.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:12 am

Wes wrote:
It's as simple as this. I'm not an administrator, Nerd isn't an administrator, Ruskie isn't an administrator...

in fact the only people that are, are EF90, TD Jesus, Dream Team and You Sox.

Y'all really need to get together, communicate and figure this out.

Because the way this "went down" tonight, looks extremely bad. Doesn't sit well with some people, not limited to me and Ruskie, and all that is going on right now, is personal attacks against each other back and forth and that is going to solve NOTHING.

If personal attacks solve nothing, and you apparently have been saying that all along, I can't really understand the logic of any of your previous posts.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:13 am

SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:

Actually, he is.

Suggestion: proposal; recommendation; insinuation; hint.

As in, you don't have to take his suggestion.

Quite different from a "demand".

Also, Question:

Sox, you decided to sim today, along with Nerd. EF90, one of your Admins, suggested you wait till late sunday or monday to do it. And, from what I can infer, the other two admins don't even know about this sim yet. Where was the communication? Sox and Nerd decide to do it, EF90, an admin, suggest to hold it off, but you two continue, without consulting the other admins?
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 5:15 am

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:

Actually, he is.

Suggestion: proposal; recommendation; insinuation; hint.

As in, you don't have to take his suggestion.

Quite different from a "demand".

Also, Question:

Sox, you decided to sim today, along with Nerd. EF90, one of your Admins, suggested you wait till late sunday or monday to do it. And, from what I can infer, the other two admins don't even know about this sim yet. Where was the communication? Sox and Nerd decide to do it, EF90, an admin, suggest to hold it off, but you two continue, without consulting the other admins?

Not to mention that a few GM's expressed concerns about things that needed to be done prior to the sim, that were never addressed.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 11:28 am

oh just so all of you know, nerd was posting most of this on my account
Back to top Go down
catspajamas
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
catspajamas

Number of posts : 627
Registration date : 2007-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:00 pm

I say that we keep the site. We have all worked to hard on our rosters. If people fuck up the site, then ban them, its not worth screwing everyone because of a certain few.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/holyvendetta
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:
Also, please enlighten me, what Lies have I been posting?

If you're talking about the AIM conversation I just posted not long ago. I got the Print Screens to prove its authenticity.

Never said those were fake...

Well..then what are you talking about. You called me a liar, now tell me what I lied about.

As far as my apologies, I would think anyone who has been active here can tell you they existed, including EF, TD, mk, Ruskie and others.

The issue is, we can't reference them because they existed near the end of threads that were considered problemsome when I apologized for my overreacting or actions, etc. And those threads have since been deleted.

Why I would lie about something that trivial is beyond me.

Well, you said that we never gave you a warning for the sim. In fact, there was a post at 1:24 PM...

You also called nerd a nobody, which is a lie as he holds more gravitas than you in the league. You call him an ordinary GM, but he has the highest non-admin position in the league.

--SoxNats08

1:24 PM....... then that night, you sim. Do you honestly think that most GMs, on a saturday, would have time to check in, see that post (WHICH, I reiterate, was listed in a thread title "Bills, Fins, Bucs", WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIMMING, and as a result would still be unaware of it), would have time to do sliders, and then guess their depth chart b/c they don't know if position changes are confirmed, or if their trades were processed?

Sox, the biggest issue here, is that when you set a concrete deadline, you MUST post it AT LEAST a full day in advance, so that the majority of GMs who are active and are on daily may check in and see it (again, it's President's day weekend, so several GMs may be out of town) and in the course of one day do what needs to be done. In addition, you MUST post it where it may be SEEN, not in a post in the thread talking about 3 teams that don't have GMs. And finally, several GMs I am sure, myself included, waited to post sliders and depth chart because we NEEDED confirmation on position changes, trades, etc. Which we ere NOT GIVEN, PERIOD.
you do know that 1:24 pm is in the middle of the day, not night
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Simzilla, that's the point.. That's what we're talking about, He posted, in the middle of the day, a post, in a thread not having ANYTHING to do with the Simming of week 1, that he was going to, and 5 hours later, his admin, advised him to wait till this afternoon, which, seemingly was ignored.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:54 pm

SoxNats08 wrote:
oh just so all of you know, nerd was posting most of this on my account

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:37 pm

SimsZilla wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:
SoxNats08 wrote:
Wes wrote:
Also, please enlighten me, what Lies have I been posting?

If you're talking about the AIM conversation I just posted not long ago. I got the Print Screens to prove its authenticity.

Never said those were fake...

Well..then what are you talking about. You called me a liar, now tell me what I lied about.

As far as my apologies, I would think anyone who has been active here can tell you they existed, including EF, TD, mk, Ruskie and others.

The issue is, we can't reference them because they existed near the end of threads that were considered problemsome when I apologized for my overreacting or actions, etc. And those threads have since been deleted.

Why I would lie about something that trivial is beyond me.

Well, you said that we never gave you a warning for the sim. In fact, there was a post at 1:24 PM...

You also called nerd a nobody, which is a lie as he holds more gravitas than you in the league. You call him an ordinary GM, but he has the highest non-admin position in the league.

--SoxNats08

1:24 PM....... then that night, you sim. Do you honestly think that most GMs, on a saturday, would have time to check in, see that post (WHICH, I reiterate, was listed in a thread title "Bills, Fins, Bucs", WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SIMMING, and as a result would still be unaware of it), would have time to do sliders, and then guess their depth chart b/c they don't know if position changes are confirmed, or if their trades were processed?

Sox, the biggest issue here, is that when you set a concrete deadline, you MUST post it AT LEAST a full day in advance, so that the majority of GMs who are active and are on daily may check in and see it (again, it's President's day weekend, so several GMs may be out of town) and in the course of one day do what needs to be done. In addition, you MUST post it where it may be SEEN, not in a post in the thread talking about 3 teams that don't have GMs. And finally, several GMs I am sure, myself included, waited to post sliders and depth chart because we NEEDED confirmation on position changes, trades, etc. Which we ere NOT GIVEN, PERIOD.
you do know that 1:24 pm is in the middle of the day, not night

Yes, I stated at 1:24 PM..... then THAT night, they simmed it, same day, barely any adequate warning, few GMs saw it.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:50 pm

All GMs were ready for it except you Rolling Eyes ...
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:53 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:

HAHA!

wow, are you truly a Moron, or do you just try to be one?

I fucking SENT my Sliders in ahead of time and I posted my Depth Chart.

However, most GMs, including myself, had been waiting on those two things because we wanted our position changes confirmed, which was NOT done.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
BarackObama4Prez wrote:

HAHA!

However, most GMs, including myself, had been waiting on those two things because we wanted our position changes confirmed, which was NOT done.

well maybe if you guys started trading players you actually had on your team we would of had more time.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:58 pm

BarackObama4Prez wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
BarackObama4Prez wrote:

HAHA!

well maybe if you guys started trading players you actually had on your team we would of had more time.

Please learn to read so you at least SOUND intelligent. I have yet to be involved in a trade where I have traded someone i haven't had on my team, or where i traded a pick i didn't have. I've yet to be the cause of a Problem trade. so that's irrelevant.

I posted my depth chart in the right forum like 3 weeks ago, prior to preseason simulation. I sent my sliders in almost a week ago.

So you keep attacking me and ruskie for that... but we're not the ones that caused that, we did what we had to do.

THe problem is, the issues we wanted addressed prior to the sim, weren't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum: The Final Proposition   Ultimatum: The Final Proposition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum: The Final Proposition
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next