Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)

Go down 
+11
DreamTeam
Touchdown Jesus!
BrettFavreIsYourFather
mksadng
PatFan
Ruskie89
catspajamas
max1
eaglesfan90
DC
Wes
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

Number of posts : 1816
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 10:03 pm

eaglesfan90 wrote:
With these two as your starting WRs:
Demetrius Williams- 80 / 25 / 1 Year Contract
Marcus Robinson- 79 / 33 / ?? Year Contract

You will probably have an anemic offense, that's my thought

Whoever said I would ever pass? My passing game will be screens to LoMo, my deep routes are LoMo going deep, and I will pound the ball with LoMo. Ain't no need for any WR. Just give me Tackles and Guards as WR, and I'll be good.
Back to top Go down
DreamTeam
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
DreamTeam

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:06 pm

3 of 4 NFC West teams ranked in the top 10 and all 4 in the top 14 Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:12 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:
15. Baltimore Ravens, there's age at important areas and questions about the quality of QB. But the fact remains, they still have the two best safeties in the league on their team in Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed, need I say more.

First off, if it is this season's preview, how does age affect it? They are going to be around for this year, and that should not influence future years. I know that I have an older MLB and CB and DE, along with an aging O-Line, but that would affect future years, not this year. As for QB, Alex Smith is better than what some teams have as excuses for QBs. I honestly believe I have a top 10 team on paper.

Age influences the current year, this list has nothing to do with future years. While Alex is a Good QB, he's far from great. And these are just my opinions, i think you're taking them a bit too personal. But age does translate, sometimes, in a loss of speed and in some aspects, ability, yes even on the game.

Laughing . You and I both know, players rarely, if ever decrease in speed. The older the player, the more likely they are to decrease in OVR, but again, Ray Lewis was 32 and he increased from 96 to 99. If you lose, then you go down in OVR. Personally, age does not affect the current season and performance. But, to each their own. I'll post my own ratings at a later time.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

Number of posts : 1013
Registration date : 2007-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:
15. Baltimore Ravens, there's age at important areas and questions about the quality of QB. But the fact remains, they still have the two best safeties in the league on their team in Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed, need I say more.

First off, if it is this season's preview, how does age affect it? They are going to be around for this year, and that should not influence future years. I know that I have an older MLB and CB and DE, along with an aging O-Line, but that would affect future years, not this year. As for QB, Alex Smith is better than what some teams have as excuses for QBs. I honestly believe I have a top 10 team on paper.

Age influences the current year, this list has nothing to do with future years. While Alex is a Good QB, he's far from great. And these are just my opinions, i think you're taking them a bit too personal. But age does translate, sometimes, in a loss of speed and in some aspects, ability, yes even on the game.

Laughing . You and I both know, players rarely, if ever decrease in speed. The older the player, the more likely they are to decrease in OVR, but again, Ray Lewis was 32 and he increased from 96 to 99. If you lose, then you go down in OVR. Personally, age does not affect the current season and performance. But, to each their own. I'll post my own ratings at a later time.

That's not true at all, when a player in some positions gets to age 32-33 or older you'll notice they start dropping 3-4 points at a time in speed.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:58 pm

HCWesWilliams wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:
Ruskie89 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:

That's not true at all, when a player in some positions gets to age 32-33 or older you'll notice they start dropping 3-4 points at a time in speed.

Never seen it happen in countless franchises and 4 Madden games (05, 06, 07, 08). I would agree that they drop in OVR just b/c sometimes, but nothing with speed.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 12:16 am

Trust me it happens.

Most common players it happens to are players like Hines Ward, Ronde Barber, Derrick Brooks, etc.

the real old guys.
Back to top Go down
Ruskie89
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ruskie89

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 1:23 am

HCWesWilliams wrote:
Trust me it happens.

Most common players it happens to are players like Hines Ward, Ronde Barber, Derrick Brooks, etc.

the real old guys.

None who were exactly burners in the first place lol.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:49 am

17!

I thought you would make me like 32 cuz of Madden screwing me over last year.

Can you give me a more detailed profile on my team? Take your time, I just want to see some more of my strengths and weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 10:42 am

nerd wrote:
17!

I thought you would make me like 32 cuz of Madden screwing me over last year.

Can you give me a more detailed profile on my team? Take your time, I just want to see some more of my strengths and weaknesses.

Sure, will do.

I actually added more detail to a few teams while i was at it.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:27 pm

im gonna do one soon
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:19 pm

Ruskie89 wrote:
HCWesWilliams wrote:
Trust me it happens.

the real old guys.

None who were exactly burners in the first place lol.

That may or may not be true, my point is when players get to certain ages they do decline in many different areas, not just speed. There IS an in-game, overall decline and performance decline to an extent with some older players, which is why i use that in what i describe.
Back to top Go down
Wes
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wes

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:28 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
im gonna do one soon

Looking forward to it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 6:49 pm

seems more appropriate in here
Back to top Go down
SimsZilla
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SimsZilla

Number of posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:16 pm

for my problem at saftey i plan on trading for an 85ish Cb and moving Mike Mckineze to FS,(Where he is a 92) and then KC and i are putting a deal for SS Tom Zibkowski. so it should be improved soon enough
Back to top Go down
A.J. Hawk Fan
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2007-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 7:32 pm

I like my team with LJ, Bulger, Barber, Coleman, Demorrio Williams and a couple up and coming defensive players.

I think im top 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)   Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rank the League (teams) Pre-Season (some off season fun)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2