Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Washington Redskins, 2008 Champions

Build a Team, Win the Super Bowl, and Create a Dynasty

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)

Go down 
+4
BarackObama4Prez
mksadng
SoxNats08
Touchdown Jesus!
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Number of posts : 6292
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:23 pm

altho i wanna say, DC has done this many times and it gets rejected after that... its just cuz ur in the trade.
Back to top Go down
https://madden08league.forummotion.com
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

Number of posts : 2219
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:23 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Umm well this cant get approved anyway, since I dont have mark anderson. we have to rework it.... back to AIM

you can cancel the anderson trade which never should have happened in the first place, this one was approved and processed bottom line

Thats unfair to the Bengals GM.

and its unfair to me AND the jags GM. So who are you gonna piss off, 2 GMs or 1? I think the answer is very simple

But if we rework this one, we have 3 happy GMs.

Id still be pissed and im sure that Zsir would as well, you cant just all of a sudden deny a trade because of one man. Thats just bullshit and Im like inches away from quitting right now if this trade doesnt happen because honestly I cant believe that you would operate a league like this

Umm why the hell is this my fault? Fine i still agree to the trade, if it makes u all happy

its your fault because you approved and processed the trade, now all of a sudden YOUR going to disallow it, your the head figure in this league so take control. Your letting DC walk all over you, he hasnt even given a reason why this trade shouldnt be allowed because he knows hes wrong, it is however not as much your fault as im making it out to be and for that im sorry but still you should be the one doing something about this, not disallowing a processed trade because of one person.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm

i dont think i approved it, i just processed it. and thats cuz who else is gonna do it
Back to top Go down
wildcats
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
wildcats

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 pm

I didn't realize Mark Anderson was part of this mess. While I still really want my trade to stand it is bad policy to approve a trade and then have it unapproved. Either this trade wasn't close enough and should not have been approved or it was close enough and the approval shouldn't be revoked. So either some one jumped the gun and approved this or it should stand.

Was it approved by appropriate league rules? if so it should stand, if not it should be denied.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/error0073
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:26 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
Umm well this cant get approved anyway, since I dont have mark anderson. we have to rework it.... back to AIM

you can cancel the anderson trade which never should have happened in the first place, this one was approved and processed bottom line

Thats unfair to the Bengals GM.

and its unfair to me AND the jags GM. So who are you gonna piss off, 2 GMs or 1? I think the answer is very simple

But if we rework this one, we have 3 happy GMs.

Id still be pissed and im sure that Zsir would as well, you cant just all of a sudden deny a trade because of one man. Thats just bullshit and Im like inches away from quitting right now if this trade doesnt happen because honestly I cant believe that you would operate a league like this

Umm why the hell is this my fault? Fine i still agree to the trade, if it makes u all happy

its your fault because you approved and processed the trade, now all of a sudden YOUR going to disallow it, your the head figure in this league so take control. Your letting DC walk all over you, he hasnt even given a reason why this trade shouldnt be allowed because he knows hes wrong, it is however not as much your fault as im making it out to be and for that im sorry but still you should be the one doing something about this, not disallowing a processed trade because of one person.

well i dont have any power in my own trade except to process because i have to....
Back to top Go down
Zsirvone

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:27 pm

I'm telling you all right now, whether this gets approved or rejected. It was approved earlier, and I'm keeping the players I got out of it.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:27 pm

wildcats wrote:
I didn't realize Mark Anderson was part of this mess. While I still really want my trade to stand it is bad policy to approve a trade and then have it unapproved. Either this trade wasn't close enough and should not have been approved or it was close enough and the approval shouldn't be revoked. So either some one jumped the gun and approved this or it should stand.

Was it approved by appropriate league rules? if so it should stand, if not it should be denied.

mk approved of the trade, then patstown thought it was still off so I added even more to what sox was getting, then patstown approved of the trade and it was approved, we had 2 trade mods think the trade was fine, it got approved and processed. Now DC steps in and without giving any arquement he just denies the trade right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:28 pm

thats 2-1.... we should get all the mods comments
Back to top Go down
wildcats
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
wildcats

Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:29 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
wildcats wrote:

mk approved of the trade, then patstown thought it was still off so I added even more to what sox was getting, then patstown approved of the trade and it was approved, we had 2 trade mods think the trade was fine, it got approved and processed. Now DC steps in and without giving any arquement he just denies the trade right off the bat.

Is there even a set of rules for approving trades? does a trade need just one mod to approve it, or more than that.

If there is not one. I think it is time to have a set of posted rules governing trades.

Last edited by on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/error0073
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Number of posts : 1135

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:30 pm

Hey guys, i have no part in this mess, but all i am saying is that people should not quit becuz of it. we have made it too far in this league, sox has put in too much work in this league for it all to go to waste. I dont kno how to fix it, but i dont want to end this amazing and FUNCTIONAL league. I know that once someone quits becuz of this, we are in serious jeopardy. My advice (dont need to listen to it) is that Sox has to admit that it was his fault he backed out so late, and Zoom and Zsirvone have to take the players of their roster. This deal can be re-worked, i am sure that if everyone quits blaming and pointing fingers the deal will be fair. I kno sox already traded Mark Anderson, but if u want to re-work it, then you either have to cancel that trade, or re-work it without mark anderson. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:30 pm

I wouldnt have ANY problem with this if it was approved as soon as the trade got up and it was approved to soon, then someone came along and convinced sox not to go through with it BEFORE it was processed and the trade was denied. But seeing as it was approved AND processed and that we had like 3 pages of reconstruction before it was approved (so it wasnt really approved right off the bat), then this trade should be kept as is.
Back to top Go down
cav_fan2
Team Captain
Team Captain
cav_fan2

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

Zsirvone28 wrote:
I'm telling you all right now, whether this gets approved or rejected. It was approved earlier, and I'm keeping the players I got out of it.

I hate to say it, because I dont wanna get involved...but I feel like I have to since I am a trade mod...

The deal did get accepted by all parties and then approved by not one, but 2 trade mods...with that being said, this trade should be done no matter what admin jumped in and said it's unfair...

An admin does not have the power to revoke accepted, approved and processed trades...its just not right. I am going to agree with TJ and the Jags...this deal should stand as agreed upon, no questions asked...
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

ok, so DC basically explained it to me this way.

I am downgrading 4 pts, to a QB with only one year left on his contract, to upgrade 4 pts at defense (DE for MLB). We can ignore all the rest of the stuff, since that part was about equal give or take. I am going down and up about the same amount, but its different positions.

Would you trade a 95 QB for a 95 DE? No, thats how its unfair.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

nerd wrote:
Hey guys, i have no part in this mess, but all i am saying is that people should not quit becuz of it. we have made it too far in this league, sox has put in too much work in this league for it all to go to waste. I dont kno how to fix it, but i dont want to end this amazing and FUNCTIONAL league. I know that once someone quits becuz of this, we are in serious jeopardy. My advice (dont need to listen to it) is that Sox has to admit that it was his fault he backed out so late, and Zoom and Zsirvone have to take the players of their roster. This deal can be re-worked, i am sure that if everyone quits blaming and pointing fingers the deal will be fair. I kno sox already traded Mark Anderson, but if u want to re-work it, then you either have to cancel that trade, or re-work it without mark anderson. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:34 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:

I am downgrading 4 pts, to a QB with only one year left on his contract, to upgrade 4 pts at defense (DE for MLB). We can ignore all the rest of the stuff, since that part was about equal give or take. I am going down and up about the same amount, but its different positions.

your upgrading at P too dont forget, and I would trade an 82 QB for an 82 DE but not a 99 QB for a 99 DE, so using a high 90 as an example is skewed since thats not what we were dealing with, instead we were dealing with an 88 QB and a 91 MLB which I would most certainly do if I was getting a replacement QB (which in this case you were)
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:

your upgrading at P too dont forget, and I would trade an 82 QB for an 82 DE but not a 99 QB for a 99 DE, so using a high 90 as an example is skewed since thats not what we were dealing with, instead we were dealing with an 88 QB and a 91 MLB which I would most certainly do if I was getting a replacement QB (which in this case you were)

punters are useless, no offense.

i wouldnt trade an 82 DE for an 82 QB...
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:36 pm

nerd wrote:

I like this plan.
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:36 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

w00t.
Back to top Go down
Zsirvone

SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

I don't.
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:37 pm

Zsirvone28 wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

I don't.

Why not? It seems fair....
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:37 pm

SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

I dont, and im gonna be extremely pissed if this doesnt go through because you cant just take back approved and processsed trades at will, its bullshit. After its processed its written in stone
Back to top Go down
BarackObama4Prez
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
BarackObama4Prez

Zsirvone28 wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

I don't.

well then why?
Back to top Go down
SoxNats08
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
SoxNats08

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

I dont, and im gonna be extremely pissed if this doesnt go through because you cant just take back approved and processsed trades at will, its bullshit. After its processed its written in stone

It wasn't like that before, why is it like that now?
Back to top Go down
cav_fan2
Team Captain
Team Captain
cav_fan2

Number of posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:39 pm

Touchdown Jesus! wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:

You guys are missing the point...It was accepted by all parties, approved by appointed trade mods and then processed by the creator of the league...all before anyone said a thing about it being unfair!! Its not like someone backed out after it was posted, but before it was approved...

This conversation is ridiculous and totally makes the trade mods seem irrelevant...we might as well get rid of them all and let Sox and DC accept/reject all trades if this is how its gonna work...I'm sorry if you feel like you got screwed now Sox and you think its unfair DC...the deal was approved and processed, end of discussion...

If this is the case, I want to rescind my deal for Robert Gallery since I felt screwed when I found out he dropped down to 77 in Madden 08!! I mean, you just cant do that! If you get screwed, its your own damn fault!
Back to top Go down
Touchdown Jesus!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Touchdown Jesus!

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 6:40 pm

nerd wrote:
Zsirvone28 wrote:
SoxNats07 wrote:
nerd wrote:

I like this plan.

I don't.

well then why?

because once a trade is approved and processed it shouldnt be allowed to be taken back, ive realized I got ripped off in a few past trades but im not going to go back a month search for a trade pick it out and say Im not gonna do this anymore because that woudl be completely stupid and its whats happening here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)   Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raiders/Redskins/Jaguars trade (approved)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next